This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Name: Corey Sheen

Age: 20

Hometown: Brooklyn, N.Y.

Expected Graduation: May 2014

Relationship: Complicated

Major and why: Journalism, because I want to travel the world.

Can you describe your perfect date?
We would walk in the park and talk for a bit. After, grab Malaysian food and spend the night roaming the city.

What are your ambitions?
Being successful in doing what I love. I want to take it far with my music and writing and be able to support my family.

Describe yourself in three words:
Solitary, chill, and compassionate.

Who do you admire and why?
Bauskiet. He had a vision in life; He had a plan. Nothing could stop him from getting his message across.

Why did you come to Oswego?
It was a different experience when I came up here from the city. It was a great opportunity for not only my education, but also to meet new people.

What are your biggest fears?
Heights and being alone. I would have mad stress.

What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
Skateboarding and writing music. When I skateboard, it allows me to get away from everything that’s going on and with music, it helps me work my way through my thoughts and express myself.

What has been your best accomplishment so far?
I am the first person in my family to go to college and pursue my dreams. I am proud of myself for getting this far and I can’t wait for the future holds.

Kaitlin Provost graduated from SUNY Oswego, majoring in journalism with a learning agreement in photography. She grew up in five different towns all over the Northeast, eventually settling and graduating from high school in Hudson, Massachusetts. Kait now lives in the blustery town of Oswego, New York, where she can frequently be found running around like a madwoman, avoiding snow drifts taller than her head (which, incidentally, is not very tall). She has worked for her campus newspaper, The Oswegonian, as the Assistant News Editor, and is also the President of the Oswego chapter of Ed2010, a national organization which helps students break into the magazine industry. She hopes to one day work for National Geographic and travel the world.