Comfy is the New Sexy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

With summer coming to an end and fall just around the corner, it means that it’s time to put away our vibrant crop-tops and high waisted shorts and trade them in for a more fall-friendly look.

If you have walked into a mall or even surfed online for new clothes lately, you will notice that past fashion statements are making a comeback, for the better. Who doesn’t love being comfy and looking cute at the same time?

How could you go wrong with overalls, plaid, chunky boots, bell-bottom pants and big sweaters? This recipe of trends pulled from the 70s and 90s is sure to keep you warm on chilly days while rocking cozy attire.

The colors of the fall season also adds to the sexiness and are sure to accentuate your assets and allow for bold expression.

However you choose to pair your colors, just keep in mind that this grungy, free-spirited look is exactly what fall 2015 is about. From a duller fall 2014 to a more lively, self-expressive fall 2015, the doors of the real world have opened up to the fashion world.

This doesn’t mean you have to go out and buy an entire new wardrobe, but it means that you can be creative with what you have and allow yourself to be open to new ideas. Get creative, be free, feel comfortable in what you wear and know that THIS is the new sexy!  

I am a double major in English and Creative Writing. Writing is my passion, whether it be creative writing, poetry or journalism. I love sports. New York Giants, New York Rangers, and the New York Yankees. I am an animal lover, fashion fanatic and a hard working student. I am seeking a job position for a fashion magazine once I graduate college, in hopes to be a fashion journalist or editor of a magazine. I would also enjoy working in the fashion industry, even if it means I have to work my way up in the company. I am dedicated, hardworking and willing to learn new things if that means achieving my goals and success for not only myself but those around me as well.
Kari is currently a second semester junior at Oswego State majoring in both Journalism and Global International Studies. She's a big city girl who was born in a small town. When not studying for her classes or obsessing over Her Campus, she can be found splurging on nail polish, watching documentaries, reading magazines, crafting, drinking chai tea, or gushing about animals.