The Best/Craziest/Greatest Things I Did This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Winter Break is around the corner and finals are beginning to wind down. It’s time to say good-bye to your BFFs, and wish your friends that are graduating good luck in the real world, and begin to wonder if you’ll ever see them again. But before all of that starts, I figured I would end this semester the same way I started. Here, is one of my crazy lists:

1.)   WENT TO THE ZOO- There’s literally nothing better than walking around with your friends, and hanging out with some lions and elephants. We laughed a lot, and stared at a salamander for way too long.

2.)   ATTENDED EVERY FALL FESTIVAL WITHIN A 40 MINUTE RADIUS- Before the fall foliage was replaced with snowflakes and rain, my friends and I went to every jamboree, revival, and fair in the county. It was a cheap, fun way to celebrate the fall and it was a great way to support the community.

3.)   WENT FOR A WALK AT 3:00AM- Agood friend of mine took a few of us on a long walk around Oswego… at 3a.m.I was beautiful, and really gave me a new perspective on the town. We walked along the harbor, and back to Bridge Street. Though it was chilly, it was lovely and… well, magical.

4.)   DID BRUNCH- I know the dining halls serve “brunch” on Saturdays and Sundays, but there is nothing better than piling up in the kitchen with your BFFs and making breakfast food at 1p.m.

5.)   WENT TO (ALMOST) EVERY OSWEGO EATERY- I’m trying to get a taste of the local cuisine!

6.)   WENT ON A BIKERIDE TO NO WHERE- When the sun was still shining and it was warm enough to swim in the lake, I went for a bike ride with two great friends along the lake. It was a great way to get outside, and like the 3a.m.walk, showed me a new side of Oswego.

7.)   ALMOST LOST MY JOB- After a crazy turn of events, I was very close to losing my job as an RM in Johnson Hall. Though the week was filled with stress and craziness, it was one of the best things that ever happened to me. It gave me a new appreciation for my position, and really forced me to have a critical look on my decisions and choices.

I’ll end it at 7, even though the list could go on and on. If you still have a semester left, get out there!

Go on car rides for no reason, and walks, and sing on the top of your lungs in the kitchen while you make brownies with your best friends. If you don’t… well, get out there, and show the world what you’re made of.  And laugh along the way, okay?

Kaitlin Provost graduated from SUNY Oswego, majoring in journalism with a learning agreement in photography. She grew up in five different towns all over the Northeast, eventually settling and graduating from high school in Hudson, Massachusetts. Kait now lives in the blustery town of Oswego, New York, where she can frequently be found running around like a madwoman, avoiding snow drifts taller than her head (which, incidentally, is not very tall). She has worked for her campus newspaper, The Oswegonian, as the Assistant News Editor, and is also the President of the Oswego chapter of Ed2010, a national organization which helps students break into the magazine industry. She hopes to one day work for National Geographic and travel the world.