Anthony Lauto ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Collegiettes™, meet Tony Lauto, the hardest guy to walk around campus with. Why? Because he knows, and loves talking to, everyone! Every social butterfly should keep their eye out for this ZBT sweetheart before he sweeps you completely off your feet.

Age: 23

Hometown: East Setauket, Long Island, N.Y.

Ethnic background: 100 percent Italian

Major (s) and why: Marketing and Economics. I’m studying marketing because it allows for connecting with others, which is something I love. Economics was a good supplement to go with that major. 

Expected graduation year: May 2011

Relationship status: Single

Involvement on campus: Zeta Beta Tau, Greek Council President, Oswego Club Baseball, Fitness Center Student Manager

Favorite Oswego bar: It depends on the night, but I’ll go with The Raven or Alley Cat. 

What qualities would your ideal girlfriend have? She’d be fun, adventurous and have a positive outlook on life. 

What’s your idea of a perfect date? You have to bring the girl into your life by showing her something you enjoy. Take her to a ball game of your favorite team, cook her a dish you’re good at, or go to the gym and show her some new moves.

Random fact about you: I spent two weeks in New Orleans rebuilding homes last year. 

Favorite quote: I couldn’t pick just one. So…
Option #1: “Go big or go home.” 
Option #2: “Life’s a beach; I’m just playin’ in the sand.” 
Option #3: “It’s not how hard you hit, it’s how hard you get hit and keep moving forward.”

Hidden talent: I’m a percussion player. I mean, I rock it out on the drums.

What’s your dream job? I’d be the CEO of my own fitness company.

If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? A polar bear. They don’t take sh*t from no one and girls love ’em. 

Samantha Shelton is a senior at SUNY Oswego with a dual major in journalism and creative writing. Hailing from a super small town that doesn't even have a stop light, Samantha enjoys soccer, spinning and trying any flavor of frozen yogurt imaginable! She has been the Managing Editor of her student newspaper, The Oswegonian, and completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program in 2010 at FITNESS magazine. Samantha recently launched Ed2010 at Oswego State, a national networking organization that helps students break into the magazine industry. These days, (when she’s not running from class to class) you can find Samantha at the campus fitness centers, where she works as the PR student manager and a personal trainer; working with Colleges Against Cancer to help find a cure; or in a comfy cafe chair reading her latest pile of magazines.