Style > Decor

5 Trendy Desk Accessories For Your Office or Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

With the start of the Spring semester, many of us are starting to organize and plan in order to stay ahead in all of our courses. Whether you have an office space or desk in your dorm room, you can utilize some of these items to keep your desk organized and looking aesthetically pleasing.  

1. Mug Warmer

A mug warmer is great to have at your desk or in the office when you want to keep your drink warm while you’re hard at work. Unwanted cold coffee or tea can be frustrating, and no one wants to waste something that they may have paid money for or worked hard to make. This mug warmer will keep your drink at the exact temperature you like so you can enjoy your drink in its entirety. 

1. Rose Gold Cell Phone Stand

This cell phone stand helps me place my phone in a place where I can see all of my notifications without having to actively lift/check my phone. It’s also a great way to have your clock, music, podcasts, or videos on display! I originally didn’t think that I would need it, but it has been a great addition to my desk space. 

1. Small Faux Succulents

If you struggle like me to keep real plants alive, these faux succulent plants are a perfect alternative to create an aesthetically pleasing desk space without the commitment of watering or taking care of real plants. I love that these faux succulents have a pink tint to them since they can match the rest of my desk accessories.

1. Multi-Use Desk Organizer

If you have limited desk space, this multi-use organizer is great because it takes up a small amount of space, but can hold many items. You can organize lined paper, sticky notes, pencils, paperclips, and more all in one place. This organizer also has space to put your AirPod case and granola bars so you can have quick, easy access to both items. 

1. Cat-shaped Foldable Desk Lamp

I think this lamp is absolutely adorable! It adds some personalization to your desk area and is portable. If you ever have to do homework late at night while your roommate sleeps, you can use this small lamp to illuminate your workspace. If the cat design is not your style, you can always opt for another small foldable lamp in a variety of colors. 

All of these items are recommendations that I think are cute and could spice up your desk space, but there are hundreds of other options that you can use to decorate. Amazon, Etsy, Target, Walmart, and TjMaxx are just a few places that offer office accessories for purchase. 

No matter if or how you choose to decorate your space, I wish you a happy and healthy Spring 2022. :) 

Bonus items you can also add!

1. Weekly Dry-Erase Board
  1. Book Ends
  1. Watercolor Stationery Set
  1. Digital Clock
Jaylea Ransom is a communication major at SUNY Oswego and plans to attend graduate school for a master's in business administration. When Jaylea is not reading, writing, or completing work for an internship, you can find her watching Netflix or listening to music.