4 Moments Relatable to College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Ever scrolled through your Instagram or Facebook feed and come across a meme that relates to you all too well? That one meme that makes you stop and think … “SAME!” You don’t know whether to cry or laugh because of how real it is. Yep, I bet you have; so here’s 10 memes you’ll relate to.

1. You know those friends you met during the beginning of college and you thought they were going to be your best friends forever. Those girls you could’ve sworn were going to be your Golden Girls; You thought they were going to be the Chandler to your Joey. You planned breakfast, lunch and dinner together at the nearest dining hall for the first week or so and then … SIKE!

If they start hanging out without you it makes you feel like:

Or maybe they got new friends and it just wasn’t meant to be:

Either way, even if your friendship died quicker than Chris Brown in Stomp the Yard. Those moments still happened and are with you forever so next time you see them just think:

Something to keep in mind:

Whatever the outcome take this advice! Good friends will come with time.. Now that’s some good fry-losophy (ayy puns).

2. Now past that third week of school you’re finally getting adjusted and have a good handful of friends. You start exploring, talking to other people, making acquaintances in class and then that’s when you realize!

Yep! By the time it took you to decide which is the best shower stall or which dining hall has the best pudding, you look around and that girl and boy you met at orientation are now a couple; worse … engaged, have their second child on the way, built a house together and are eloping to the Netherlands next year:

Even worse your parents call and start asking you when you’re going to get married. Then you have to convince them you’re a strong independent woman who don’t need no man:

3.   The grades! Dun, dun dunnnnnnn. You come in fully committed to those honor classes and plan on an A+ in the class. But then October rolls along and you realize you’ve actually missed 4 quizzes since the first day:

Or you never really understood class anyway. Then you look around and everyone seems to understand so you’re just like:

You don’t want to disturb your teacher with dumb questions or the fact that you don’t know how to use Blackboard in fear they might turn full on Gordon Ramsay on you:

4. Weird dining hall moments, and a lot of them, especially if you’re me. There are moments like these that make you think, “If only I was a vampire and didn’t have to eat regular people food.”

If the food is nasty but you were raised to not waste food so you suffer through that unseasoned salmon:

If you’re filled with anxiety like me and 5 minutes before finishing your food you start to plan your escape route so you get minimal people exposure:

Maybe you worked up the courage to sit next to someone who looks as lonely as you and decide to make a friend. But you misjudged and that person was actually just holding spots for her 10 best -friends, so now you have to exit without anyone noticing:

My names Vanessa and I am a Suny Oswego freshman! I'm majoring in Biology with minors in international business and political science. Hopeful future doctor and world traveler! I love writing about diversity, important topics, adventures, interesting people and comedy. I also run the @HerCampusOswego Instagram page and enjoy being an overachiever!
I'm known as kind of being a hippy who loves to meditate, do yoga, and listen to music. I'm always up for an adventure and am interested in living creatively, working for a bigger purpose, and continuing my adventures around the world!