Zoe’s Style Blog: From Summer to Fall …

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

The return back to school and the start of football season are only a few of the reasons why fall is the best season of the year. I don’t know about you, but for me fall fashion is what makes this season my favorite (I know there are other people out there worrying more about what to wear to the football games then the game itself!). All in all, it’s the perfect opportunity for all the fashionistas to show off their new style.

Fall is the best season for fashion because it’s the perfect transition weather: not too hot, not too cold. Because of the versatile weather, you can still include some of your favorite summer pieces in your fall wardrobe. This fall is all about earthy tones like burgundy, brown, nude, light blues and greens. These colors pair perfectly with summer hues and items. So, you can turn any of your favorite summer outfit into the perfect fall outfit with a simple sweater, or an awesome pair of boots. If you are having trouble letting go of your favorite high-waist vintage shorts (I know I am), try pairing them with a chunky sweater and some combat boots. Or another option would be wearing tights underneath your favorite shorts or romper. Try putting your summer dresses and skirts with a long cardigan. Any of these options can turn your summer favorites into fall essentials. So start the year off right and show off your new style!

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.