Zoe’s Style Blog: Prep Love!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

It’s time to forget about the traditional “school girl” look and instead try out the new preppy fashion this fall. Think prep school-meets-modern collegiette. This 50’s-inspired trend is no stranger to fashionistas everywhere: it is full of high-waists, stripes, plaids and crop tops!

Luckily, autumn is the perfect season to take full advantage of all these fun pieces. Bare midriffs, high-waist pants are the perfect pieces to show off your bod. Try pairing these outfits with some retro accessories to finish off this look. If you’re looking for a less literal take on this fabulous trend, consider finding an awesome boyfriend blazer. This piece is a classic and is also a staple of the preppy trend, and can give any look a little something extra! So, search your closets or nearest thrift stores for these must-have staples: loafers, knitted sweaters, collared shirts and of course blazers. This trend has taken on a modern twist, so forget the boring colors! Although neutrals are in this fall, have fun with this trend and mix in a few bold colored pieces and fun patterns. Channel your inner prep this fall and try out this fun trend!

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.