Zoe’s Style Blog: Cinco de Mayo Style!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Did you party hard this weekend?  Who doesn’t love Cinco de Mayo; not only is it an excuse to eat Mexican food all day, it brings out some awesome outfits, and edgy looks.  Whether you relaxed with a margarita, or threw an all-out fiesta, I bet you looked your best while doing it!  There were so many options for picking out your fiesta attire for this holiday, but here were our favorites.  Being bold was a definite must for Cinco de Mayo.  Staying away from the neutrals and going towards the bold colors was prime.  To make this holiday even better, the warm weather allowed for some awesome sundresses to celebrate this day.  The outfits that stood out the most involved bright colors, bold prints, and flowy dresses.  Props to the collegiettes who scoped out their closets and rocked hues of red and green to match the Mexican flag.  The all-day fiesta that was Cinco de Mayo gave us all a great opportunity to transform outfits from day to night and try out some new ensembles.  For the daytime fiesta, casual sundresses with bold patterns and colors were the best choice.   When switching from your day party to your night out, spicing things up with fun colorful heels and accessories was a must.  Congrats to the girls who weren’t afraid to be bold and go all out for celebrating this Mexican holiday!

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.