Since When Did Scented Nail Polish Exist?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

While perusing a myriad of nail polishes last Saturday, I came across something that I had never known existed.  Scented nail polish.  Maybe I’ve been living under a rock for the last couple of years, but apparently, in the summer of 2010, Revlon came out with a line of pretty polishes that, yes, when dry, are scented.  From bright hues, such as Ocean Breeze, to soft ones, like Peach Smoothie, these delectable colors will smell like whatever the name displays.  Which did I buy?  Cotton Candy and Not So Blueberry.  Buy your own at  http://www.revlon.com/Revlon-Home/Products/Nails/Nail-Color/Revlon-Scented-Nail-Enamel.aspx

But the discovery isn’t over yet!  How DO they make the polish scented?  Basically, there is a certain ratio of nail polish ingredients that allows a desired smell to emerge once the polish has dried.  The patent for this technology was obtained in 1997.  Apparently, Revlon is not the only company to have created lines of polish that look stunning and smell great; when I Googled “scented nail polish,” I was astounded to see nail polishes replicating the scents of Runts, Bubble Yum, and even Nerds candy.  Well, maybe I was a little late on this fad, but if you’re looking for something that looks and smells good, go find yourself some scented nail polish, collegiettes!

Source: http://main.stylelist.com/2010/06/02/revlon-scented-nail-polish/

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.