On Wednesdays We Wear Pink

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Let me just start off by saying, I don’t think my day-to-day life is like the movies.  I really don’t think anyone cares about what I ate for breakfast, how I did on my exams, or what time I woke up this morning.  BUT, just for you Her Campus readers, we have decided to start a new column inspired by one thing: the color pink. 

A couple weeks ago the OSU Her Campus clan found themselves sporting new, hot pink V-necks and, like any other Mean Girls lover of our generation, we pointed out that “On Wednesdays we wear pink.” 

Now don’t worry, I’m not going to get all “girl power” on you.  These pink shirts obviously didn’t give us superpowers, but why not follow around these pink shirts and their stories on a typical Wednesday?  Think of it as a twist on The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.  This is where you, the readers, get to learn about us! (It’s exciting, we know.)  So without further a due, here is the first installment of our pink-shirt-wearing-but-normal tales:

Wednesday–November 28, 2012:

My day started at 5:15am this morning, and no, it’s not an exaggeration!  Surely I tried to stay in bed as long as possible, but unfortunately, school was ready and calling my name.  Slipping on my pink shirt, some slightly baggy jeans, and my worn out Uggs, I quickly looked over my Physiology notes.  Every Wednesday.  7am.  Physiology test.  It had been this way for the past 14 weeks, but today was the light at the end of the tunnel.  After this morning I would be done waking up before the sun and somehow making my way to Independence Hall.

Now it was time for more important things: should I have a Luna bar or cereal for breakfast? Being an avid chocolate lover, the Luna bar was soon enough reduced to a wrapper.  After doing some last minute cramming, I found myself speed walking through the brisk weather to promptly arrive at 6:30.  Wrapped up to my chin in clothes, my pink V-neck buried beneath, I was determined to stay warm in the early morning chill.  As usual, me and 500 other students sat elbow-to-elbow as we nervously counted down the minutes to the test.  Some were already talking about Christmas vacation, while others frantically perused their notes.  When 6:55 approached, our things were shoved under our seats and silence made its way around the lecture hall.  I have to admit, those 25 minutes were gone in what seemed like five.  As I confidently passed the scantron down, a happy sigh of relief washed over me: I was done with my 7am exams.

So why did I choose this part of my Wednesday to share with you?  Well, because I know that people are getting sick and tired of this semester.  People all around me have been getting colds and it’s tempting to just lie in bed and skip class.  There are four more days of classes, collegiettes!  Stay focused, stay healthy, and remember: “On Wednesdays we wear pink.” (Who knows, it may just make your day a little more bearable!)