This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

As soon as the air gets colder, it seems like I’m instantly hit with a wave of desire to stay in, cuddle up with a soft blanket and some popcorn, light a pumpkin-scented candle, and watch a movie that feels like fall. I may not be a film critic but I definitely enjoy watching movies to wind down and relax. In case you’re looking for some movies to warm you up, look no further than my top ten favorite movies to cozy up with during the fall.

10. “Mona Lisa Smile

Starring well-known actresses like Julia Roberts, Kirsten Dunst, Julia Stiles and Maggie Gyllenhaal, “Mona Lisa Smile” follows grad student Katherine Watson as she teaches history of art at all-girls Wellesley College in the 1950s. If you love a good drama film set in a college environment with a beautiful fall color palette, this film inspired by a true story is perfect for you!

9. “Fantastic Mr. Fox

An animated comedy directed by Wes Anderson, this film is based on Roald Dahl’s “Fantastic Mr. Fox” novel that follows the protagonist Mr. Fox as the consequences of his stealing impact his family and community. If you loved other Roald Dahl-based movies as a kid like “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” or “James and the Giant Peach,” I can guarantee that this fall-colored comedy will instantly make you feel like you’re a kid again cozied up on the couch in your family room!

8. “Coraline

This dark fantasy horror film seems to have been iconic to every Gen Z kid’s childhood, and it follows young Coraline Jones who has just moved to Oregon with her parents. Upon moving to their new home, Coraline discovers a portal to an alternate universe with an idealized version of her real life at home. I could not stand watching “Coraline” as a kid, which makes sense in hindsight since it is a horror movie; however, I recently rewatched it, and if you’re in the mood to be slightly spooked, I cannot recommend watching “Coraline” enough!

7. “Little Women

Greta Gerwig’s “Little Women” is the seventh film adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s coming-of-age period drama novel, following the four March sisters in Concord, MA in the 1800s. Although this film follows the March sisters throughout various seasons of their lives, I still feel like fall is the ideal time to give “Little Women” a watch. Plus, if you’ve enjoyed other Greta Gerwig films like “Barbie” or “Lady Bird,” you should totally watch “Little Women.”

6. “NOTTING HILL

Following the blossoming romance of a famous American actress who walks into a British bookseller’s store in London’s Notting Hill district, “Notting Hill” is guaranteed to take you for quite the ride. Maybe I just really love Julia Roberts as an actress, or maybe Roberts has a knack for starring in movies that I deem perfect for fall. Either way, the rom-com film “Notting Hill” starring Julia Roberts and none other than heartthrob Hugh Grant is worth the fall watch!

5. “Knives Out

Is there a better time to watch a mystery film than during the season of all things spooky and scary? To answer my own question, fall is the season for mysteries, and I have the perfect film recommendation for you: “Knives Out.” Directed by Rian Johnson, this film follows renowned private detective Benoit Blanc as he explores the specifics of the death of bestselling author Harlan Thrombey. If you’re a lover of whodunnits, “Knives Out” will leave you on the edge of your seat and surely keep making you change your guess as to who truly has done “it.”

4. “Coco

A Pixar fantasy film, “Coco” follows 12-year-old Miguel as he celebrates the Day of the Dead, typically celebrated on Nov. 1 and 2, with his family in their hometown of Santa Cecilia, Mexico. The celebration doesn’t go quite as planned, though, when Miguel accidentally transports himself to the Land of the Dead. If you love heartwarming, wholesome and emotional films about family, “Coco” is worth cozying up with this fall!

3. “Good Will Hunting

A psychological drama film written by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon and starring renowned actor Robin Williams, “Good Will Hunting” follows 20-year-old genius Will Hunting from South Boston who has just been paroled from jail. After an MIT professor discovers Will’s otherworldly intelligence while he’s working as a janitor for the university, a life that Will had not considered possible reveals itself before his eyes. You should definitely watch “Good Will Hunting” this fall if you’re a sucker for an inspiring story and great cinematography!

2. “Dead Poets Society

Like “Good Will Hunting,” “Dead Poets Society” also stars Robin Williams, and his acting is, unsurprisingly, amazing in this coming-of-age drama. Set at the fictional all-boys boarding school Welton Academy in 1959, this film follows English teacher John Keating as he inspires and encourages his students with poetry and his untraditional ways of teaching. Filming for this movie took place in Delaware and occurred in the midst of fall, truly giving the audience all the dreamy fall visuals they could hope for.

1. “When Harry Met Sally”

Written by Nora Ephron, “When Harry Met Sally” is arguably one of the most iconic fall rom-com films of all time. Starring Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal, this movie follows the relationship of Sally and Harry from the first time they meet in Chicago after graduating from college and through 12 years of random encounters. Some of the best and most memorable visuals in the movie are when Harry and Sally are walking through NYC in the autumn, and I can guarantee that you will adore “When Harry Met Sally” if you love fall and rom-com movies as much as I do!

Originally from Cincinnati, Brooke Hoctor is in her second year at OSU studying Communication and Spanish. Her favorite things are romance books, romantic comedies, listening to music, doing word searches, spending time with friends and finding new coffee shops and food spots. She enjoys writing about entertainment, mental health, and relationships.