Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf Shopping?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf Shopping?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
The CW

Single on Valentine’s? Here’s a Gift Guide for Yourself, From Yourself

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Just because you aren’t celebrating with a partner does not mean you shouldn’t feel the love of gifts this Valentine’s Day! Below I have listed a few of my favorite things that are perfect for the single girls looking to treat themselves, including some great local options. 

Self-love book

If you’re single on Valentine’s, spending time on social media can be a recipe for disaster. Instead of scrolling endlessly, put the phone down and pick up a book! I’m usually a sucker for a good romance novel, but it’s important to take the time to invest in improving yourself, and self-transformation books are a perfect way to do that. I’d recommend “8 Rules of Love” by Jay Shetty or “Good Vibes, Good Life” by Vex King for those looking for a quick, easy and comforting read. 

Drink shaker set

I don’t know about you, but I’ve been seeing Valentine’s Day-inspired drinks all over my Pinterest and TikTok. Whether you’re celebrating the day with your galentines or wanting to unwind alone, making a delicious Valentine’s Day cocktail is a cute and creative way to get in the holiday spirit without leaving the house. This cocktail shaker set has been a game-changer for making drinks at home!

Valentine’s pajamas

As a single girl, one of my favorite ways to celebrate Valentine’s is to take a long shower, make tea and climb into bed. I’m convinced having a cute set of pajamas makes this cozy experience 100 times better. Some of my favorite pajama sets are from Skims, American Eagle and Amazon. Not only are they adorable, but they are so cozy and perfect to wear all year round! 

Chocolate-covered strawberries

Valentine’s Day is famous for its chocolates and candies, and if you’re like me, chocolate-covered strawberries are your kryptonite. Treat yourself to something sweet and make some chocolate strawberries at home, or if you’re feeling lazy, order them! Pure Imagination Chocolatiers and Buckeye Candy Company are great local spots in Columbus to feed your cravings!

flowers

This one may feel a little cliche, but seriously: Buy yourself flowers! Flowers are a fun, vibrant and simple way to brighten up your space without the hassle of spending a ton of money or time with upkeep. They smell good, they look good and they even boost your serotonin levels. Plus, you don’t have to go far—University Flowers is located on Ohio State’s campus and offers delivery and pickup for Valentine’s flowers!

Lizzie is a fourth-year student at The Ohio State University, where she studies English on a pre-education route with a minor in Professional Writing. She has written for various publications, including The Lantern and Columbus Jewish News. She currently works as a Professional Writing Intern at The Ohio State University Airport, where she composes articles and social media content. When she's not writing, Lizzie loves shopping, listening to music, going on walks, spending time with friends and reading.