This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

THE Ohio State University Student Section

When you attend a university as prestigious as Ohio State, you take on more responsibilities than one may think. Of course, when you are a fan of the Champions, you are obviously a celebrity too. The fame begins with the critical job of cheering on our sports teams is a very important part of the lives of the students.  Especially when the team is a national championship contender year after year in the sport that we love around here… football.  Students have the very important job of cheering on our reigning National Champion football team. When you go to a school with such a good program…the student section becomes even more important game after game. Without the support of the students the experience of a football game would not be the same. The second students enter Ohio Stadium they are rooting for the team and coming together with fellow students to cheer on the team. From the singing of Carmen Ohio, to the 3rd down chants, to getting the team to push down the field the support of the student section stays up the entire game. The team notices the hype of the student section and without our support they could not do some of the great things they do.

Quarterback, Cardale Jones, recognizes the greatest students in the country for coming out to even a practice and showing their support.

Students love the atmosphere of the games and everything that comes with a game day. The fall semester revolves around the football season for most students. Freshman, Rebecca Krizner, said her first game day experience was even better than she imagined. “I had looked forward to the first game since I got to school and finally getting to experience it was a dream come true.” Students realize the magnitude their support has on the team and how they play. The players are not the only celebrities on game day, the students are as well. Go Bucks!