My Friendsgiving Menu Lineup and Why It Should Be Yours, Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Although there is no definite answer about the origin of Friendsgiving, I think many can agree that it is one of the best festivities of the holiday season. Spending holidays with family is great, but celebrating with friends is SO much fun (and usually has a lot less pressure). This year, I am determined to make Friendsgiving one of the best memories for my friend group.

As soon as I felt the first cool autumn breeze, Friendsgiving was one of the first things in my mind. As all my hometown friends make the trip back to Pittsburgh for our short Thanksgiving breaks, it is so hard to find a time to steal each other from our families for our annual Friendsgiving dinner. So this year, we had to alter it a bit…hence Friendsgiving brunch being born!

When it comes to events like this I love taking the lead, and my best friend is the best party host I know, so together we’ve planned a Friendsgiving Brunch that will definitely make us hungry for more and dread leaving each other to return back to school. Without further ado, here is my perfect (and extensive) Friendsgiving Brunch menu.

Appetizers

Because honestly, how do you start any meal off without a little something to snack on? These small starters will be perfect for friends to pop in their mouths while guests are still arriving.

Fork in the Kitchen’s Fall Charcuterie Board (photo by Fork in the Kitchen)

kUTECP7BdDYCIZaoHlopa4GzKpK6THLurtxMuOsOniS930rvg7n1EJojuLvIvkwivxXnwhzZAV66zc8pW rOWaNk EUqaWvfZD4rbH6Z NIaBeW2xm

The best thing about grazing boards is that you can choose anything you want to be on it! You can scroll Pinterest for hours looking at different variations, but I love that this one includes different types of cheeses, produce, dips (including a Caramel Cream Cheese Apple Dip), crackers, and nuts.

The Defined Dish’s Deviled Eggs (photo by The Defined Dish)

NwL5stCEpZpngolPzS j8VhE DErDdg y0ynBxV2otqPhs 9a

I am not a fan of deviled eggs, but my friends will DEVOUR them. If your friends are big fans, too, these ingredients should definitely be on your grocery list.

Taste of Home’s Apple-Gouda Pigs in a Blanket (Photo by Taste of Home)

az1bYLFe98tjL1ouoSjLN73oKYwlpvNhggWqb99fBlwRVeMZm4sL0NoTTWuP RvqtX6xlafUlXdW5a8egSKfT1Fg4DEco pD5kXC x2jkcZf9wcX3Nz7dQ1yTcdKiRvVDwPAoQlw6ubR0E0dXmGOb M

You’ll see apples appear a lot on this list, and while I am a fan of pumpkin, apple is a criminally underrated fall flavor.

Entrees

This is brunch, so you have to have a sweet breakfast option and savory lunch option, but you should never have to choose only one.

Broma Bakery’s Pumpkin Streusel Muffins (Photo by Broma Bakery)

GDfnS4MZOnxOBS3AOy1LvYhs0iwVFVKXEa6QitJVbl0mFwLJQjEWI59PHQbybEnAsWAa3Cs6VrJKWMbLK0P64 pU4J3VIz6r VAaQj750wQUAPVoWvt0Ldl0IhM 3gucaISfofec021rYJjWUCyukM

A warm pumpkin muffin can make any trouble go away. I have followed Broma Bakery on TikTok for a while, and her recipes always look tasty, so I am excited to try this one out this season!

Half-Baked Harvest’s Honey, Apple, Cheddar, Bacon Paninis (Photo by Half-Baked Harvest)

jm7XYNdnOLRVfJuyXdqKIEdlxFVnQF01eQ3iV8 6jUk q3IuzsKPq7V daCFFKOQeKTVJHh N9cTPsN1OzeiW2VbTD97jKAmjKzJQvZfFVNw3KWZhPFcwrgX2GjZBQXx66Q1vvjb4AdQ9o BBgiHMLs

Last fall, I tried a chicken wrap from a local restaurant that featured chicken, honey crisp apples, cheese, lettuce, and onion that was SO good, so when I saw this recipe, I knew it had to go on my Friendsgiving menu. The smoky and savory flavors of the bacon contrast with the sweetness of the honey and apple, and I know this will be a hit at any point this fall.

Sides

Arguably one of the best parts of a Thanksgiving meal, but I’ll leave that up for you to decide.

Delicious Little Bites’ Maple Sausage Sweet Potato Hash (Photo by Delicious Little Bites)

Q1kyFaO3Xpf4jVwvEjRIj qB4qRSq9YhEx9Tm3wHhcokvLr7l6bgNPhX1jkjMPFs3Cnch1ENin3F7iUGl8jbaXMYCRcTYbWUT6rjWiOEzDSGlid6KYPOjQfglNQZN4DI a LuXTmV8w7DNmrSfMND04

I love a delicious sweet potato hash for brunch, and these autumn flavors will definitely take your average breakfast hash up a notch.

Thyme & Joy’s Leftover Stuffing Casserole (Photo by Thyme & Joy)

flxbt8JlEfRE 0kbv6HCHfwj5NOq2Wd5j0NlWuWdtLIfuyZA03UlFwhp 0MA

Again, I’m not a huge fan of stuffing, but my friends would die for it. Every year we have a debate because why do we have to have stuffing at Friendsgiving again, but they stand their ground. So, this one is for you guys; you’re welcome.

Marla Meredith’s Perfectly Baked Bacon (Photo by Marla Meredith)

mJPYWKpLTf8WxERuJXycSPf0

What is brunch without bacon? Enough said.

The Food Charlatan’s Sweet Cornbread (Photo by The Food Charlatan)

CQO2ZDwlOmQapbkVXhvt5UKd8mtvh2UnG Y2ntj7 X0O8pE FMofDhS LLK0omybDzdf2DMfGVjwnPcXzo8Y lMLLuELCnW4feIwEG9M3wwLoz5cAPhffNQi8XLHtUFLFmQ3ZVkZ6LJVQcT0sBWkkhc

Every Thanksgiving feast needs some sort of roll, and this honey cornbread is a sweet addition to add onto your brunch lineup.

Dessert

Desserts are always the main event, if we’re being honest. This year, I decided to keep it classy and go with what I know (because you can never go wrong with anything pumpkin or pie on Thanksgiving). Many families have cherished recipes for each of these desserts, but if you are looking for a new one, these tried and true recipes have beat out others in The Pancake Princess’s bake-off blogs .

Butternut Bakery’s Brown Butter and Maple Chewy Pumpkin Cookies (Photo by Butternut Bakery)

I LOVE pumpkin cookies (specifically Giant Eagle Market District’s Soft Drop Pumpkin, iykyk), but I am excited to try this recipe by Butternut Bakery. The Pancake Princess and her other tasters raved about everything regarding this cookie: its aesthetic appeal, chewy texture, crisp edges, and brown butter and cinnamon flavor wowed the tasting panel.

Modern Honey’s Pumpkin Pie (Photo by Modern Honey)

RcaaAYg1 1aLQPNcLGJF6FxDvNahtqU3MlKUmBte4PzsQY5INo7 GTn5wXSTOQDAYLVjCjpgoHq RU cj1F9Qkrssu4IDPyu5ke9jlmdYyX2Ztgniqa2Kb59vlvG2N8JNTiQAiNKLBSI3wmon6VLCok

Crowned champion, The Pancake Princess claims this pumpkin pie has the best crust and a thick filling, perfect for those who love a cheesecake-like texture.

Flour Bakery’s Double Apple Pie (Photos by The Pancake Princess)

YkOtyySYp VdAvrG0fx1WGTdprdt yxD XGbxHNoD fvMir84BwCBZafuZVl2Dr67qrQVRRE94mBuiH PphO5a3DfJZ6 20RCkfywG3hh3igAtC 4OQl jv nYhYFpYGrS7DzwOZ9P4eMw1uKgF UTU

Flour Bakery’s tart filling and flavory crust combine to create a delicious combination that is the perfect amount of sweetness, perfect for an after-meal dessert.

Drinks

Finally, something to wash it all down. 21+ or not, these drinks capture all the fall feelings.

“Cents”able Momma’s Honey Crisp Apple Mocktails (Photo by “Cents”able Momma)

FQmzm9ln1N1bvmuIj2bUTTjLK8FCzYb WctIR vVsCgJ2G5VYFgOndfcq6FXCRXiFSEzLLMkLr2MOI0KAZghl752gYkbTaYKKi23JZrJnvonLK0AtWkSe9byJyV k52Vb xqizUaru8K9HDIiB9w HA

This sweet autumn mocktail is the perfect drink to wash down this brunch feast.

Midwest Life and Style’s Two-Ingredient Apple Cider Mimosas (21+) (Photo by Midwest Life and Style)

For my 21+ crowd: these reviews rave about this simple recipe; it’s guaranteed to be a fan favorite.

Now, happy planning, happy cooking, and Happy Friends+Thanksgiving!

Aislin is a first-year Strategic Communication student in the Honors Program at The Ohio State University from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Along with a B.A. in Strategic Communication, she is also pursuing a minor in Professional Writing. Beyond Her Campus, Aislin is the Special Projects Director at The PRactice, Ohio State’s student-run public relations firm, and a member of PRSSA, BuckeyeTHON, and Pi Beta Phi. In her free time, Aislin enjoys traveling, experimenting with new recipes, listening to music, watching sports, playing with her dogs, and hanging out with family and friends.