Meet Chris Brunckhorst, President of Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Celebrity Status: President of Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity

Year: Senior

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Hometown: Oxford, OH

Activities on Campus: Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity

HC: Why did you decide to go Greek?
CB: I wanted to surround myself with successful people who would help me grow as a person.

HC: What is your biggest challenge being the president of a fraternity?
CB: Keeping my own emotions in check, and thinking about only what is best for my chapter.  The right decision is not always the easy decision.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Ohio State?
CB: The sports.  We have a championship-caliber football program, regardless of what the media may say.  We also have lots of other great sports, along with a strong intramural program.  It makes it easy to stay in shape when you can play on three to four teams every quarter.

HC: What is your least favorite thing?
CB: I really wish the off-campus area could be a little nicer. I come from a small town, so I like to have nice lawns in front of houses.  Off-campus here is very crowded and looks very run-down in places.  Also, the crime is a real problem in some places.  We try to help with our Block-Watch program, but we can’t help other areas.

HC: What is your favorite place to hang out around campus?
CB: The Pike House.  The Oval is a fun place too.

HC: What would you like to accomplish before you graduate?
CB: I would like to set things in motion to have a permanent [Pi Kappa Alpha] chapter house at Ohio State.

Photo source:
http://www.osupikes.net/site/members/301880

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.