Delivering Gifts to Your Long-Distance Loved Ones: Valentine’s Day Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and as a lover of all things cheesy and romantic, I cannot wait. I love showering my partner, friends, and family with cards, treats and heart-shaped goodies. However, being away at college can make gift-giving a challenge. I’ve been scouring the web for the best things to send to my long-distance partner, and in the process, I found five adorable gift ideas I can deliver to all kinds of people in my life. Long-distance relationships can be extremely challenging, but a surprise delivery to celebrate the most romantic day of the year is a great way to share your love and show that you’re always thinking of them, no matter how far apart you may be physically!

Insomnia Cookies

Who doesn’t love a fresh, warm cookie delivered straight to your door? Insomnia is a favorite of college kids, and they have tons of options for local or extended delivery! There are plenty of cookie flavors to choose from like their limited-time red velvet, or you can go all out and order a custom heart-shaped cookie cake.

Flowers

I couldn’t make a list of Valentine’s gifts without including flowers! Several websites do flower delivery, but Bloomsy Box has great reviews and a beautiful Valentine’s collection. Choose a lovely bouquet for the holiday, or even get a subscription package to ensure the love never dies!

Baked By Melissa Cupcakes

If you frequent Instagram or TikTok, you’ve probably seen Baked by Melissa, a New York-based bakery specializing in bite-size cupcakes in tasty and unique flavors. Choose a six-pack or 25-pack of this delicious Valentine’s collection to ship nationwide to anyone who loves a sweet treat! Plus, they come in the cutest brightly colored boxes to spread that Valentine’s Day cheer.

Greetabl Gift box

Greetabl is a company with which all long-distance partners, friends and family members should be familiar. Completely customizable, you can go to their website and choose a box design and pick from their options of a small gift (ex. a mini bar of soap, candies, candle, necklace set, gift card or even confetti) to send in the box. Then, you can personalize it with your message and photos to create an intimate package that represents so much more than just a delivery. This gift is great because it can be fully personalized to suit any relationship and person you want to celebrate this Valentine’s Day.

Cheryl’s Cookies

Cheryl’s is a Columbus-based bakery that ships nationwide. I’ve grown up on their frosted sugar cookies, and they are honestly some of my favorite cookies of all time. Their Valentine’s collection includes boxes, pails and tins of cookies along with other confections like brownies and pretzels. Your sweetheart deserves an equally sweet Valentine’s Day delivery!

I’m so grateful for the endless options of deliverable gifts in today’s world. These choices make any long-distance relationship easier when you can completely surprise your loved ones with something fun and thoughtful in the mail. Even if you don’t opt for one of these deliveries, a simple card or letter will be just as sweet to spread the love this Valentine’s Day. Don’t let the distance bring you down!

Hi! I'm a second-year student at Ohio State, majoring in Communication and Anthropology. I'm from rural northwest Ohio and enjoy reading, writing, baking, and traveling. In my free time I love exploring Columbus and being active in various student orgs around campus. I'm passionate about learning about other cultures and social issues in my community and around the world, and wish to use my writing to inspire, inform, and connect to the women around me.