How to keep your shopping addiction at bay while stuck on campus..

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Wait. Where’s the mall? 

If you’re anything like me and you too experience a severe longing to visit the mall on multiple occasions, but have nothing but unreliable public transportation to rely on, then keep reading to learn about some great places on or near campus!

·      Urban Outfitters, or more commonly referred to as just “Urban”, is conveniently located across from the Union serving as both a blessing and a curse.  Urban Outfitters offers a wide range of clothing to fit multiple styles and allowing fashion veterans and newbies alike plenty of options to work with.  It’s convenient location is great if you’re suddenly in need of an outfit for a date party in two days, or if the hottie in your Chemistry class finally invited you on that beloved coffee date.  Like I said earlier though, its convenient location is also a curse; it’s nearly impossible to walk by the upbeat atmosphere that is harvesting inside without stopping in, if not just for a few minutes.  Another great thing about Urban is their extensive sale section that takes over the back of the upstairs and is constantly updated with newly reduced items.  And, if you sign up for their email list they’ll let you know about “college nights” where they offer extra discounts for college students!  So grab some cute new threads and save some cash! – www.urbanoutfitters.com

·      The Short North is just a short COTA bus away and has a slew of boutiques and shops to cater to any shopping need.  A few of my favorites are as follows-

o   Homage is a store that offers college apparel with the perfect vintage touch.  Think that favorite tee of yours with it’s lived in comfort and perfect graphics, well that’s Homage’s gear.  If you’re looking to spruce up the OSU part of your wardrobe, Homage has the apparel that’ll keep you feeling comfortable and cute, while “paying homage” to the almighty Buckeyes.

o   Rowe Boutique is great for the trendy collegiate who wants to snag some unique finds.  Rowe prides itself on offering contemporary clothing and accessories for individuals who are interested in up-to-date styles and designers.  It is a great place to pick up a few statement pieces to spruce up your favorite jeans or last season’s jacket.

o   Voodoo Denim Lounge is a fairly new shop in Short North and has been a great addition to the scene.  They offer a fabulous and more personal experience to ensure you find the perfect jeans.  A great added bonus is that they offer is free alterations if you buy jeans there! They also host local Columbus musicians during the Short North Gallery Hop on the first Saturday of the month.  So get familiar with some local music, find those great-butt jeans and head down to Vodoo Denim Lounge!

o   Savvy on a Shoestring is a great place to go for us collegiates with a tighter budget.  They offer stylish finds from designer brands at affordable prices (every girl’s dream, right?).  Savvy is proud of the unique and chic options they’re able to offer at prices that are affordable for all budgets.  Also, be sure to check out their website to find their monthly deals or special promotions to save even more money! – www.savvyonashoestring.com

Now that you’ve had a glimpse of some great shopping options much more accessible than the two hour bus ride to Easton, you can spruce up your wardrobe (and hopefully speed up the Chemistry boy’s date proposal)!  For more shopping options in Short North be sure to check out their website, or better yet hop on the COTA and see for yourself (www.shortnorth.org/shopping)!

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.