This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Cuffing season is coming to its peak and you’re single. Yuck. But it doesn’t have to be a pity party. Love is great, but it has its time and place. Instead of dwelling on the negative, make the most of this winter season with self-love and fun!

Don’t be Jelly

Looking at all your friends with SO’s may make you feel a little jealous, but just remember, you want your OWN love. Let me explain – each love is different and unique, much like the individuals in the relationship. Being jealous of your friends’ relationships doesn’t necessarily make sense if you think about it; the kind of love they are in may not be a love you would jive with. So continue to be happy for your friends and admire the relationships they are in, but don’t be jealous

Love Yourself

I know everyone says, “Practice self love” – but it’s so important! The relationship you’re in for the rest of your life is the one with yourself, so be sure you are maintaining and taking care of it. Learning how to help yourself mentally and knowing your own worth will help you throughout the rest of your life. Maybe this isn’t a time in your life that you’d be able to fully enjoy a relationship anyhow. There is absolutely no shame in stepping out of the dating game to focus on yourself. Take as much time as needed to feel like yourself again (you’ll know when you’re ready!).

Don’t Call Your Ex

I know in some cases this is easier said than done, but just don’t. If someone wants to be in your life, you shouldn’t have to beg. Never reduce yourself to feeling you need a man in your life. Men are nice to have, but they are not needed (Men are accessories, not necessities!). Yes, he may have been fun. Yes, he may have made you feel amazing. Yes, you may still love him. But at the end of the day, he hurt you. He also made a conscious choice to cut you out of his life. So let him live without you. They almost always regret it, and if they don’t, you just have more time to evolve and grow on your own. 

Practice Self Care

This Cuffing Season, have a spa night with your ladies. Get a mud mask from Target, put on your favorite PJ’s, and have a chill night. Caring for yourself will make you feel refreshed and recharged, letting you take in all that life has to offer. And remember sis, you’re worth it. You don’t need a man to establish your worth to this world. 

Have all the Girl’s Nights 

If you aren’t one for the chill nights in, have a party with your favorite ladies! Men are temporary but your ladies are forever. Hit the town in your favorite going- out clothes and have fun with your girls. Life is too short to wait for a man to make you feel hot.

Want to keep up with Her Campus OSU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board and read our latest Tweets

Second Year Strategic Communications major at THE Ohio State University