Style > Beauty

An Honest Review Of The Garnier Fructis Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Garnier Fructis is one of the most well-known hair and beauty brands. They are best known for their hair care and hair styling products for both women and men.

I’m not a huge fan of Garnier, as I feel like their skin products don’t work well with my skin; however, I’ve never had any issues with their hair products. Recently, I decided to try out their new Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask. I’m happy to say I was pleasantly surprised.

My hair was feeling dry and frizzy, and I knew it needed some TLC. It seemed like the perfect time to reach for the Treat 1 Minute Hair Mask. I tried the Smoothing Treat with avocado extract. Garnier claims the product is vegan, 94% biodegradable, with no silicon, parabens, or artificial colorants. They also claim it is made of “98% naturally-derived ingredients.” I’m not sure this claim is totally true, as the list of ingredients on the back seems to show far more than 2% of ingredients being “not naturally-derived.” Still, I’m no expert, so you can take a look at the list and decide for yourself.You can use the product in three different ways: as a hair mask, as a conditioner, or as a leave-in conditioner. I decided to go for the hair mask. I don’t really understand how it would work differently than a conditioner, and I was way too scared to try it as a leave-in. I think it would leave my hair feeling really greasy.

The first thing I noticed was that this product smelled like banana. It wasn’t overpowering, so if you hate the smell of bananas, I don’t think it would bother you. It left my hair with a light, clean scent. The next day I kept smelling the product and thinking, “What is that? It smells great!”

After using the product, I definitely felt like my hair was smoother. It was easier to brush through than it normally is. Usually, after I shower, I use a leave-in conditioner, but I didn’t want to mess with too many products – again, I don’t want my hair to be greasy. The next day my hair felt excellent. It was lighter and softer than usual. I wasn’t expecting this product to make much of a difference in my hair, but I really think it did exactly what it’s supposed to do. My hair was noticeably smoother.

I would love to try some of the other products in the line. The line comes in the following variety of treatment types:

Smoothing + avocado extract mask for soft and smooth hair.

Nourishing + coconut extract mask for smooth and manageable hair.

Damage repairing + papaya extract mask for damaged hair.

Strengthening + banana extract mask for stronger, healthier hair.

Color vibrancy + goji extract mask for more vibrant hair.

I think this is a product that would be good to use weekly, but I probably wouldn’t use it every day. As a hair mask, it truly did work for my hair. I may even have to go out and buy the full size!

Want to keep up with Her Campus OSU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board and read our latest Tweets

Rachel Rothstein is a Senior at The Ohio State University majoring in Strategic Communication and minoring in Psychology and Professional Writing. Rachel hopes to work at PR agency when she graduates. She is passionate about travel and wants to work in the travel and tourism industry someday! She even has her own travel blog (www.theblushingbrunetteblog.wordpress.com). When she's not dreaming about traveling, she enjoys reading, hanging out with her friends and binge-watching Netflix. Follow her on insta @rachrothstein.