This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Ready to shed that weight you gained this winter by eating healthier on campus?  Here is your guide to OSU’s healthiest and most nutritious treats that you should grab before hitting the books (or Oval Beach)!

TRAIL MIX – RPAC
This tasty treat can be found at the most health-promoting place on campus, the RPAC.  Not only is it filled with protein from a myriad of nuts, but it also tastes amazing.  With yogurt-covered raisins and dried fruit, this combo makes for a delicious and filling snack to stop your stomach’s grumbling during those 2 hour lectures.

PEANUT BUTTER AND APPLES – SEL and THOMPSON LIBRARY
No more fruit preserves doused in syrup, collegiettes—this snack packs a powerful and healthy punch to your diet.  Paired with a small portion of peanut butter, this quick bite gives you some healthy fat and a fruit serving that’ll keep you going for hours.

HUMMUS – RPAC
Hummus is probably one of my favorite go-to snacks.  At the RPAC, they give you a very large portion of original hummus and a TON of pita bread.  This snack will fill your stomach instantly, and because of the carbs, will keep you fueled. 
A word of advice: the pita bread and extra hummus can be stored in your fridge for a couple of days.  Whenever you need a quick nibble of something, a spoonful on a couple slices of the pita bread will do wonders!

Not looking for dorm food?
If searching for healthy food on campus isn’t your style, Kroger and CVS are full of potential, as well.  I’ve listed some of my favorites below:

• Kashi Banana Chocolate Chip Bars  These are like mini-banana breads, but healthier!  Each one is only 140 calories and always keeps me going until lunchtime rolls around.
  • Pistachios  Addicting as they may be, these nuts are healthy.  Keep a bowl on your desk to munch on during those late-night study sessions.
  • Tuna Salad on crackers  Sold in pre-made packages, Tuna Salad is a staple.  Although my roommates complain about the smell, it is the ultimate quick eat.  Just spoon the salad onto a piece of bread, and you’re ready to go! 
Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.