Genna Schwartz, ‘13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Name: Genna Schwartz
Year: Senior
Hometown: Arlington, VA
Major: Anthropology

HC: What are you involved with on campus?
GS: I am the Social coordinator of the Ohio State College Democrats and a fall fellow for OFA!

HC: Why did you want to get involved with the Ohio State College Democrats?
GS: I’ve always been very passionate about politics, especial about social issues like women’s rights. College Dems has presented me with opportunities to get involved in something I believe in.

HC: What do you do as Social Coordinator for the Ohio State College Democrats?
GS: I try to meet new members at meetings and make sure everyone is happy and feels welcome. Oh, and I plan parties.

HC: How did you get involved with Organizing for America?
GS: College Democrats and OFA work very closely together and there is a lot of crossover. I guess I just hooked in through that.

HC: What is your favorite part of being a fall Fellow for Organizing for America?
GS: Where to even begin! It’s an amazing experience. The people are fantastic and the excitement is off the charts right now. It’s an incredible time to be involved.

HC: What would you tell someone who’s interested in getting involved with OFA?
GS: Do it! We’d love to have you. We can’t do this without you, so if you have some time to give and you want to be a part of something historic come stop by our office in the Gateway (right across from the movie theater) and say hi!

HC: What is one fun fact about you?
GS: I design and sell iPhone cases.

HC: What is your favorite thing about OSU?
GS: The opportunity! Because OSU is so big, we have every type of club, class and person. If you want to explore something new, odds are you can find other people here to that something with!

HC: What is one thing you want to do before you graduate?
GS: Before I graduate, I would like to register every single student at Ohio State to vote. That would be pretty cool.

HC: What do you want to do once you leave OSU?
GS: What a scary question. I have no idea. But at the moment, I’m thinking of moving back to DC and working for a nonprofit, or moving to New York City and going in a completely different direction with my life. Who knows!

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.