This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.
1. Create Invitations!

Presentation is everything! Send out festive invitations for the special occasion to let your loved ones know how much you care about them. All you need are a passion for DIY projects and a quick trip to a local craft store to whip up some cheery cards!

2. PREPARE the dishes!

When you’re done curating the perfect guest list, it’s time to figure out who’s bringing what food item! This can be as simple as declaring it in a group chat, or as meticulous as creating a spreadsheet. Either way, be creative and make sure all guests will enjoy your dish.

3. FIND A THEME!

Feel free to let your theme of choice influence your food, decorations and outfits. Tell everyone to dress for the theme and leave the rest up to their interpretation. With matching decorations and outfits, your Instagram pictures are bound to be perfect! Whether or not the theme coincides with fall, choosing a theme will help you avoid the stressful guessing game of “Am I over- or underdressed?

4. TAKE THE TIME TO APPRECIATE YOUR FRIENDS!

Reflect on the amazing memories you made with your friends this year. Make a slideshow of some pics from past years, or go around in a circle and say your favorite things about each other. Whatever it is, remind your friends how much you love and appreciate them!

5. BUT MOST IMPORTANT… HAVE FUN!

This is a gathering with the people that mean the most to you! Although planning the perfect get-together can be stressful, the people you are with care about you more than anyone else, so just enjoy it!

My name is Peyton D'Arcy and I am a first year student at The Ohio State University. I am studying Political Science, I love to write, read, bake, and watch new shows and movies.
Macy is currently a fourth year at Ohio State. When she isn't taking photos of everything she finds cute or watching Harry Potter for the hundredth time, Macy loves reading a good book or blasting music with her friends. Her passions include traveling, photography, and sustainable fashion.
Second-year psychology major; human development & family science minor
Hawa is a first-year student at Ohio State University studying strategic communications. When she's not writing, you can find her reading a good book or in line at a movie theatre!