Cuties and Candidates: Vytas Aukstuolis & Nick Macek

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.
Names: Vytas Aukstuolis & Nick Macek
Years: Juniors
Hometowns: Vytas – Hudson, OH; Nick – Cleveland, OH
Relationship Status: Vytas – Taken; Nick – Single

HC: Tell us about yourselves in three words.
VA: Honest. Leader. Committed.
NM: I (really) like milkshakes.

HC: What are you involved in at OSU?VA: I founded, served as president of, and am now a member of Multi-Partisan Coalition at OSU. We are dedicated to reaching past ideological barriers to find common ground between students on political issues. When I’m not doing that, I am tearing up the soccer fields in the ARC.NM: I serve as Political Director of College Democrats and am a member of Multi-Partisan Coalition and Students for Education Reform. I work at the Ohio Senate and perpetually camp out at Starbucks on High.

HC: What have been your favorite experiences at OSU?VA: There is no better feeling than playing soccer on turf fields — I never got that at home.NM: My first home game (while also fun, the rest of them have never matched that feeling); joining the “riot” at Mirror Lake 2013; meeting the President of the United States at the Schott.

HC: What are your career aspirations?VA: I am working through school so that one day I can do everything in my power to serve the marginalized populations of the world. Eradicating poverty is my primary goal.NM: I plan to commit my life to public service in whatever capacity I can. If that doesn’t work out, I suppose I’ll re-open my late grandfather’s Nick’s Cake Shoppe. ‘Cause, who doesn’t love cake?

HC: Who are your role models? Why?VA: The Dalai Lama. Even through difficult times, he maintains strength for himself and his community. That is truly inspirational.NM: I really admire my teachers from high school — they still teach me everything I need to know about life. But on the other hand, my best friend and I act just like Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake, so when it comes to funny and charming, I think we look up to those two.

HC: Who are your celebrity crushes?VA: Kiera Knightly. Have you seen her dressed like a pirate? I think about it every day.NM: Anna Kendrick. ‘Nuff said. Unless we’re talking Man Crushes — then it is definitely JGL.

HC: What do you do for fun?VA: If I need time alone, I play piano. Otherwise, I prefer candlelit Cane’s dinners with my girlfriend.NM: Eat Melt. Drink beer. Win votes.

HC: What is something most people don’t know about you?VA: That Vytas is actually a name. #WhatIsAVytasNM: I fought a bear once. Like, a real one.

HC: Where’s your favorite place to be on campus?VA: Wading through the crowds of scarlet & grey on game day.NM: The rooftop of Pomerene Hall that overlooks Mirror Lake is my favorite place to hide out and relax.

HC: Who are your favorite Disney princesses and why?VA: I’m partial to natural blondes and long, flowy hair; so, Rapunzel.NM: Jasmine may be gorgeous and Mulan may win every fight, but I will always stand beside Maid Marian from Robin Hood, princess or not.

Vytas and Nick are running for USG in the upcoming election.  If you’d like to vote for them, you can visit http://vytasandnick.com/ between March 3-5 to do so.

Aurora Stromberg is a Senior at The Ohio State University pursuing her Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communication and minoring in professional writing. She has been a member of her chapter of Her Campus for two years and is so excited to be this year's HCOSU campus correspondent.  She loves all thinks Tiffany Blue and loves act and sing, but wishes she didn’t have two left feet so that she could dance, too! Aurora is also a member OSU chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America at Ohio State and dreams of running her own PR and event planning business someday.