Crushing Hard? Here’s 10 Songs You Need to Listen to ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

We’ve all been there before… From the girl you realized you want to be “more than friends” with to that cute guy who sits three rows down from you in lecture (one of these days we’ll actually talk to him), here are ten underrated songs to help you feel a little less alone.

1. “Fingers Crossed” by Coin

And I got a thing for you now
and it won’t go, it won’t go
and I think I want you more now
But you don’t know, you don’t know

I love this song because it perfectly describes that feeling of liking someone you don’t really know but see all the time (lecture guy maybe?). You’re hoping against everything that they actually like you back, but can’t get the nerve to actually initiate anything.

2. “The Chills” by The New Electric Sound

Well she don’t, she don’t, she don’t know
She don’t, she don’t know what she’s just done
She gives me the chills and I don’t know where to run

If you’ve ever liked someone who’ll talk to you all the time one week only to ghost you the next, this is your song. A lot of pop culture likes to portray crushes as harmless fun you have with your imagination from time to time, but when the rush of dopamine fades, crushes can really mess with your head, especially if you have no clue how they feel, talk about mixed signals.

3. “Move Me” by half-alive

Be my train and where I stand
Wont you be my song when I can’t dance?
Light my fire and burn the trees
No, I won’t get tired when I can’t breathe

This song is definitely sadder than the other ones on this list, but it is arguably one of my favorites. Its more serious undertones really spell out that longing for someone to lift you up during those hard times, or simply just hold your hand across campus. Be warned though, subject aside, it is incredibly catchy; if you’re not careful it will play on repeat in your head.

4. “Thelma and Louise” by Bastille

She said to me
Days like these you wanna get away
Close our eyes, pretend we’re miles away

This is my other favorite on this list. More upbeat than the previous songs, “Thelma and Louise” speaks to those times you’re daydreaming, imagining a future where you know…you and your crush actually interact? Just kidding. Kind of. It is about that but it’s also a song about adventuring out of your mundane day to day life to explore the world.

5. “Hung up” by Madonna

Every little thing that you say or do
I’m hung up
I’m hung up on you
Waiting for your call baby, night and day
I’m fed up
I’m tired of waiting on you

You might be thinking, this is far from underrated, and you’d be right. Aside from being a staple at Zumba classes across America, “Hung Up” is perfect for that obsessive texting phase where time itself feels like it’s on standby while you wait for them to reply. It’s exhausting, irritating and frankly not worth an ounce of your time. Seriously. Put away the phone. I promise they haven’t said anything.

6. “Dying to Know You” by Grabbitz

But I wanna hold you close, but I can’t get us in view
And I can’t stop thinking that it’s bugging me, loving you

Did the person you like close themselves off from any possibility of dating? Listen to “Dying to Know You”. It’s perfect for those times you have to be content with being in the friendzone.

7. “Annoying” by MOD SUN

I really can’t stand being this close
Without being able to say what I want most
Goddamn I want to
I’ll be damned if I don’t

And they were lab partners. Not actually, but this song is perfect if you’re unsure of where they stand on their feelings for you and don’t want to rock the boat. (Even if you do have great chemistry).

8. “Meant to be Yours” by Heathers Soundtrack

I was meant to be yours
We were meant to be one
Don’t give up on me now
Finish what we’ve begun

Is the relationship in this song by any means healthy? No. Is this really even a crush song? Also no. But it is a great song to sing along to when you just want to scream in frustration.

9. “Downbad” by PJ frantz

Am I losing my mind?
Am I losing my mind to you?

If you relate to “Mastermind” by Taylor Swift, this song is for you. It’s for when the want to be with them is all consuming that it hurts so much, and you can’t help but scheme and conjure up plans in your head just to get them to interact with you.

10. “You Belong with Me” (Taylor’s Version)

If you could see that I’m the one
Who understands you
Been here all along
So why can’t you see
You belong with me

Because is this really an article about love songs without the queen of relationships herself?

Anna-Kate is majoring in biomedical engineering at Ohio State University. In her free time, she likes to write stories, watch reality tv, and interview for her bookish podcast Penned In.