This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Anyone else having major Coachella FOMO? I know that I am, and it hasn’t even started yet. Every magazine and fashion site is bombarding social media with festival inspired fashion, so I figured, why not join in on the fun! These gatherings are known for more outrageous clothing pairings, and while they aren’t for class, you can still bring a little of the desert to campus by following these styling tips. 

Kimonos are a great way to bring a little festival to your everyday dress. Layer it over a shift dress or high waisted jeans and a crop for a look that is class appropriate.

Maxi skirts of all kinds always take the main stage during festival season. Get thise look by adding a basic tee and vest of your choosing and taste. Whether you are going out or wearing one for a day of class, you can change the tops to be cropped or longer tucked in with the vest.

Another festival favorite are playful pants. I own quite a few pairs and I have to say I love styling them. While these are worn with a lot more scandelous tops out in the desert, you can make them more campus worthy by adding in light cardigans ans wide brimmmed hats. Still gives it a festival flare without all the skin. But for a night out, feel free to substitute for something a little more revealing.

Julie is a Senior at The Ohio State University pursuing degrees in Fashion and Retail and Business. A lover of all things fashion from a young age, she loves having the chance to write the style blog for the site as well as being the chapter's President. When she is not writing, she loves singing in Ohio State's Women's Glee Club, updating her style blog, and online shopping when she should be doing homework. After graduation, Julie hopes to become a celebrity stylist or work in the fashion department of a magazine. Visit thelookinthemirror.blogspot.com for more from Julie.