Campus Celebrity: Kelsey Gallagher

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

For this week’s campus celebrity, Her Campus OSU met up with freshman Kelsey Gallagher, a member of the Ohio State women’s lacrosse team.

Name: Kelsey Gallagher
Year: Freshman
Hometown: Northbrook, IL

HC: What made you choose Ohio State?
KG: I chose Ohio State because of all it has to offer. Athletically and academically OSU provides me with everything I was looking for. The athletic facilities are top notch and I had a lot of choices of what I wanted to study academically.

HC: Did you always plan on playing lacrosse in college?
KG: I didn’t decide I was going to pursue lacrosse in college until my sophomore year in high school. Before my freshman year, I had had almost no lacrosse experience and I never really thought I was good enough to play. But my high school coach told me it was something I should pursue.

HC: What has been the most memorable moment of your freshman year so far?
KG: My most memorable moment so far has definitely been scoring my first goal against William and Mary.

HC: How do you balance school with lacrosse?
KG: It’s definitely my biggest challenge in college. The work load alone is a lot, but with lacrosse it becomes much harder to balance. My life is very scheduled at college, so I know as long as I follow it and stick to it, my work will get done.

HC: What are you looking forward to this season?
KG: I’m really looking forward to start playing again. I’ve been out sick for three weeks, so I really want to get back on the field and help contribute to the team.

HC: Do you have pre-game rituals?
KG: I always tie each shoe twice. I tie it once, untie it, and then retie it. I don’t really know why.

HC: What is one fun fact about you?
KG: I really enjoy musicals.

HC: What is one thing you want to do before you graduate?
KG: Win a conference championship.

Kelsey Gallagher won four consecutive Illinois state championships while playing for Loyola Acadmey.