This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

If you live on campus like I do, you most likely don’t have access to a kitchen, but as a person who loves to cook, I look forward to being in a kitchen over fall break and Thanksgiving. Use this post for inspiration!

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Potatoes
Alex Frank / Spoon

I obviously had to start with a hearty soup. Once it (actually) starts to cool down, this recipe will be the only thing you’re craving.

Pumpkin Mac and Cheese

I have yet to try this recipe, but I will be doing so in a few weeks. My friend in culinary school recommended it to me, and I will trust her judgment! What better way to get into the fall mood than anything pumpkin? I will be using this recipe.

Chicken Pot Pie

This is an oldie but goodie American classic that involves a decent time commitment. This recipe includes a bit of a shortcut that you will not want to miss. It creates a flaky crust and delicious interior that you will definitely want to try!

Herby Buttered balsamic mushroom ravioli

Bowl of pasta
Original photo by Aislin Daugherty

I could not make this list without adding fancy pasta to it! This dish is my personal favorite, and the recipe makes it an easy process with delicious results.

Pumpkin bars

I could not finish off this list without a delicious dessert! Add it to your typical fall dessert cooking, or save it for Thanksgiving; maybe both! I’ve been making these for a few years now, and they are absolutely delightful. This recipe makes it a fun and easy process.

Hi! My name is Judith, and I'm a Political Science major and History minor. I was born in Spain and moved to the US in 2011. Since then, I have lived in three different states and am now pursuing a bachelor's degree at OSU and preparing for my (hopeful) future in law school.