This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Spring has sprung and now is the perfect time to incorporate new habits into your lifestyle. It is important to take care of both your mental and physical health, so here are some of our favorite things to add to our lives during this time of year.

1. GO ON WALKS

With springtime comes the optimal weather for spending time outside—longer days, warmer weather and blue skies. One of our favorite ways to spend our time is to go for walks! Whether you’re starting your day or winding down your night, walking is a great way to get some fresh air and exercise, and it’s great for you too! Not only is it great for your physical health, but it is a great habit for your mental wellbeing as well. Connecting with nature and spending time getting activity in is always a yes! Columbus has some great trails worth checking out and visiting with your friends.

2. INVEST IN PLANTS AND FLOWERS

Spring equals blooming flowers and lush greenery all around us. With that being said, it is such a good time to invest in some for your home! We make sure to always have some sort of plant or bouquet of flowers in our apartments at all times to keep our homes feeling lively and fresh. They can remind us of nature’s beauty and keep us smiling. Plants and flowers are such a fun thing to invest in, we love changing up the flowers we get each week. There’s nothing better than smelling fresh plants in your home after a long day, and having something to take care of and keep alive! Our favorite flower and plant finds have been at Giant Eagle, which is so close to campus, and there are so many options there. 

3. IF YOU CAN DO IT OUTSIDE… DO IT!

Now that we have nice days, take advantage of them! After winter, even the littlest bit of sunshine can bring motivation. One of our favorite things to do as the weather gets warmer is to eat outside, and a picnic is a great way to get fresh air and spend time with friends. The oval is a great place to set up and be surrounded by students. We also love taking advantage of outdoor study spots on campus and spending time during the day reading or doing homework outside. 

4. read

Reading is always good for the soul and reading every day, even if it is for a short period of time, will make you feel so good. One of the best things about Spring coming around is being able to take our books outside and read with the beautiful scenery of the blooming flowers around us. There is truly no better time to pick up that book you have been waiting to open up than now.

5. Keep your space Organized

It’s time for some spring cleaning! Take time to go through your clothes, wash your blankets and pillowcases, light a candle, and deep clean your living space to make it fresh for the new season. It is easy to leave clothes all over the place after trying to find an outfit, but try to hang them up and put them away after instead. This helps your future self out and will keep your room tidy. There’s nothing quite like getting rid of old clothes you don’t ever wear and donating them to people who need them! 

These are just five simple habits you can start investing your time in, and we love doing all of these things to start off the spring strong. Pick up one new habit a day, you’ll thank us later.

Katriel Orlean was previously an intern for the National Writing Program at Her Campus as well as the Instagram and Facebook editor at her Her Campus's Ohio State University chapter. She created graphics for her chapter's Instagram and Facebook, posted new articles on both social medias, and helps to recruit members through Instagram. During her time as a writer for the NWP, she wrote evergreen articles as well as articles that are news based. She wrote about five to six articles per month for this program. Beyond Her Campus, Katriel was an intern for Spoon University where she wrote 8-10 articles per month. These articles were sometimes evergreen and mostly they are based on timely news in the food world. She is a recent graduate from The Ohio State University, with a degree in Communications Analysis & Engagement. In her free time, Katriel loves to travel, workout, play tennis and pickle ball, and hang out with family and friends. She is a buckeye through and through and loves to exude all of her school spirit at the Ohio State football games. She loves to write, especially for HC!
Lizzie is a fourth-year student at The Ohio State University, where she studies English on a pre-education route with a minor in Professional Writing. She has written for various publications, including The Lantern and Columbus Jewish News. She currently works as a Professional Writing Intern at The Ohio State University Airport, where she composes articles and social media content. When she's not writing, Lizzie loves shopping, listening to music, going on walks, spending time with friends and reading.
3rd Jr Strat Comm major, originally from Columbus, Ohio, passionate about social media and communications. Excited to create!