5 Easy Ways to Make Your Life Easier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

1.       Lay out your outfit the night before. Everyone has heard this one before, but not many people actually take the time to do it. Laying out your clothes the night before makes getting ready in the morning so much easier. Not to mention you will be happier and more excited about your day if you are wearing a cute outfit that you laid out instead of throwing something together really quickly in the morning. This will also give you more time in the morning to do things such as eat breakfast or read the newspaper.

2.       Wash your dishes right after using them. If you hand wash your dishes or put them directly in the dishwasher after using them, it will seem like a much smaller task and take less time than if you let the dishes build up in the sink. Not having a big pile of dirty dishes in your sink will also improve the feng shui of your apartment or house.

3.       Get rid of your junk. The less clutter you have, the less stress you have. Keep an inventory of what you wear over a period of time and what you use. If you haven’t worn something in a season or cannot remember the last time you wore it then donate it. This also goes for other things that you do not use or do not need. I try to avoid the Target dollar section so I am not tempted to buy more junk that will just take up space. Also, I try to not buy something new that I already have, such as rain boots, until I have worn out the old pair.  If you can’t resist buying something that you already have, try donating something every time you buy something new.

4.       Keep a cash stash somewhere safe. How many times have you needed quick cash just to find that your wallet is empty? Keeping a stash of cash in your room will make it convenient when you need cash fast and you don’t feel like going to an ATM.

5.       Have a “list” of 15 minute tasks. This is a great one. I can’t tell you how much time I have wasted on my phone or laying in bed waiting for my next class because I did not feel like those 15 or 20 minutes were enough time to do anything productive. It is a really good idea to have a list of 15 minute tasks so that when you have 15 free minutes you can make good use of them. Some of these tasks could be answering emails, painting your nails, reading a book, making your bed, dusting, hanging up clothes, writing a thank you note, or even stretching!

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.