4 Habits You Need to Kick NOW!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Well collegiettes, we are just about a month back into that school groove now. But just because we are back into the groove doesn’t mean we have to fall back into our old habits. I, for one, am trying to kick my habits to the curb. In fact, I think we should all make it a goal to let go of our bad habits and become the most awesome twenty-somethings we can!

1. Skipping class for…
Maybe you aren’t making it to class because of a legitimate reason (highly doubtful). Most likely, you haven’t made it to class because you have overslept, don’t want to get out of bed (late night, anyone?), or you’re just too lazy to go. Been there, done that. It may be hard to do, but going to class every day motivates you and is guaranteed to make the rest of your day more productive. Plus, you’ll feel accomplished and will probably be rewarded with eye candy in class!

2. Lose his number:
We all have that one guy in our lives whose number we need to lose. Like, pronto! You know who I’m talking about! He might be your ex-boyfriend, your hook-up that you occasionally drunk text, or maybe even your guy friend that you have feelings for. No need to be ashamed; we all have them in our contact book. The truth of the matter is that they’re no good in your life. These losers are secretly holding you back from meeting the man of your dreams. From personal experience, I know this is hard to do, but it feels so much better in the long run. So go ahead, press that delete button and get rid of him for good. Then call up your girlfriends to schedule that much needed night out.

3. What’s due when??
It’s a rare occasion for a college student to get an assignment done far before the due date. I’m guilty of pulling all-nighters to study for an exam or write a paper due the next morning. This habit only hurts you. There is not a single reason to keep this habit around. If you have a paper due on Friday and you finish it on Monday, you can go out to Park Street Patio on Thursday (just remember to set your alarm for class the next morning – see habit 1!). Keep your planner updated to keep yourself on task with your assignments. Trust me, it will make your life easier.

4. BFFN: Best Friends For Never
Fighting with your friends happens. For some reason, women are programmed to be catty and tend to get in pointless fights over nothing. Usually, it’s a simple misunderstanding and can be fixed with direct confrontation of the situation. Save yourself the drama this year and put an end to the madness.

Photo Credit:
http://jswmediagroup.com/blog/stop-being-single-now-relationship-classes…
http://thefreshxpress.com/2009/01/deleting-him-from-my-phone/

Kali Grant is the founding Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for the OSU chapter of Her Campus. Kali is pursuing a B.A. in Public Affairs at the John Glenn School with a minor in Communication and is excited to be in her senior year. Kali is a student research assistant at the Glenn School and is a proud member of the Zeta Alpha chapter of Chi Omega. Kali has spent her collegiate summers interning with The Institute on Women and The Salvation Army and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she’s not daydreaming about returning to New Orleans and San Francisco, Kali loves drinking coffee, talking about cats and politics, and trying out questionable vegetarian recipes.