This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

If you haven’t heard from BookTok yet, it is officially fantasy girl fall, and users all over this TikTok community are discussing the books that they recommend for this fall! There are plenty more books that are perfect for this fall, but until I can dwindle down my ever-growing to-be-read (TBR) list, here are the four best fantasy book series for this fall!

1. The “A Courts of Thorns and Roses” series by Sarah J. Maas

People on BookTok have been talking about “A Court of Thorns and Roses” for years. Over the past year, the series has only grown more popular after the release of the final book of the series. This series follows the main character, Feyre beginning her story as a 19-year-old huntress who is soon kidnapped by a Faerie for the murder of another Faerie who appeared as a wolf. Faeries are also known as Fae and are essentially immortal magical beings.

If there is one thing Sarah J. Maas does well, it is writing an amazing female lead. Feyre is one of the most complex female leads I have ever read, and I feel deeply connected to all of the characters in this series. This summary is only the start of Feyre’s story as she delves into life in the faerie lands of Prythian. It is a must for this fall, whether it’s a new read or a re-read!

2. The “caraval” series by Stephanie Garber

This series follows two sisters, Scarlet and Tella, as they journey into the performance of Caraval and escape from their father on their small home island. The performance of Caraval happens once a year and is by invitation only, and Scarlet has written to the master of Caraval, Legend, her whole life. Only when facing an upcoming arranged marriage does Scarlet get the invite to join the performance.

This is the most I will reveal to you because this book is one that you have to read for yourself. This book was the first book that got me into fantasy and I have been addicted to the literary genre ever since. Stephanie Garber has flowery writing which can be a bit of a turn-off for some readers, but I feel that it is essential to grasping the true beauty of this magical, fictional world. Go pick up the “Caraval” series this fall and let yourself enjoy all the magic it has to offer!

3. The “Once upon a broken heart” Series by Stephanie Garber

The success in fantasy does not stop at “Caraval” for Stephanie Garber. Two years after releasing the final book in the “Caraval” series, she launched the “Once Upon a Broken Heart” series, which is a spin-off of “Caraval” and follows two main characters, Evangeline and Jacks. Evangeline is a hopeless romantic who visits a fate that is the Prince of Hearts, Jacks. She hopes that she will get back the love of her life if she makes a deal with Jacks to stop the wedding between her true love and her step-sister, so Evangeline makes a deal with Jacks and her story in the magical world begins.

This book plays with fairytale tropes and captured my heart with a new perspective on this fictional world from Evangeline’s point of view. The story continues this fall with the release of the final book in the series, “A Curse for True Love,” on Oct. 24! This final book is highly anticipated on my TBR list for the fall, and I encourage you to dive into this extraordinary series with me.

4. The “Harry Potter” series by J.K. Rowling

The “Harry Potter” series has been an ongoing success for over two decades now along with the film series. While many people have seen the movie series, I feel it is necessary to read the books at least once in your lifetime to fully grasp the complexity and beauty of the HP universe.

If you have not read the Harry Potter series or seen the films, it follows the main character Harry Potter who discovers that he is a wizard after receiving an invitation to attend a magical school, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry soon discovers that he is a celebrity in the magical world because he survived a killing curse cast by the most evil and powerful wizard to ever exist, Voldemort. The seven-book series follows Harry’s story as he adapts to his new life and role as everything changes in the wizarding world upon his arrival. 

If you have not read this series yet, please go pick up the books and join in on the fun! The nostalgia factor from this novel series is amazing, and it brings the absolute best fall vibes. The “Harry Potter” series will forever be an all-time favorite of mine. Every year, I make it a goal to try to read these books, so I hope I can inspire you to embark on this magical journey of the “Harry Potter” series with me this fall!

Gia is a third-year strategic communication student at The Ohio State University from Carroll, Ohio. Creative writing is one of her favorite hobbies as she gets to write about her interests. Her interests include reading, listening to music, coffee, experimenting with fashion, baking, journaling, fitness and wellness.