UO Cheer: Marlee Orgain

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Marlee Orgain
Home Town: Hood River, Oregon
Major: Undeclared
Year: ’15

If you attend Duck football or basketball games, you probably have seen this adorable little flyer soaring through the air.  Marlee’s blonde curls and unforgettable smile are two things she never leaves at home on game days.  She is a first year member of the Oregon cheer team and a current member of Alpha Phi sorority here on campus.  Aside from being a stellar cheerleader, this chick can rock it on the ski slopes and is one of the friendliest faces I see on campus.  From flipping to flirting, this is one campus celebrity you don’t wanna miss out on getting to know.

HCO: Have you always been a cheerleader?  No I have not. I started cheering my freshman year of high school and participated in a lot of other sports prior to cheerleading.

HCO: How did you first get involved with UO cheer?  I love stunting! I started stunting with some of the guys on the team last year then decided to tryout.  I’m currently on the team and it’s an amazing experience.   

HCO: Do you get nervous cheering in front of so many people and on national TV?  Absolutely, the first football game was so terrifying but after you do it a few times it just becomes natural, and a lot of fun!  Now I’m very comfortable in front of all the people and the TV cameras. I just try to act myself.

HCO: Have you ever been dropped when stunting? Oh yeah a few times, it happens!  You just have to get back up there and act fearless.

HCO: What are the relationships like between the cheer team and the football players? We are not around them that often, they do their thing and we do ours for the most part.  I think we have a great relationship with them; our job is to support them and that’s exactly what we do. I think they appreciate what we do to cheer them on and pump up the fans.

HCO: How would you compare the real world of cheer leading in comparison to the movie Bring It On? It’s exactly like it! …Just kidding, it’s completely different.  For starters we tend to use pom pom’s not spirit fingers and when it comes to our cheers we keep them original (Nothing copied from the Clovers).  

HCO: What is your biggest turn on in a guy? I really like clothes so if he has good style that immediately attracts me. A nice smile and teeth are another huge turn on. Also I love a guy who is really positive and friendly to everyone.

HCO: If you could pick any one song to play each time you walked into a room what would it be? Beyonce, Love On Top. No explanation necessary.

HCO: What is your ideal career to pursue after college? ESPN sports reporter, a yoga teacher, and a mom of course.

HCO: On a scale of 1 to 10….how much spirit do you truly have? 10 BABY, I LOVE MY DUCKS!!!

Sophomore journalism student at the University Of Oregon.
The official Her Campus Oregon account