This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

1. Making A Murderer

You might have recently heard about the new series on Netflix called Making A Murderer. This true story is about a man by the name of Steven Avery who was wrongly convicted and then finally freed after 18 years behind bars. Everyone has been talking about how captivating this series is and that everyone should immediately start watching. 

2. Orange Is The New Black

Another popular series that is trending currently is Orange Is The New Black. This comedy is about a woman in her thirties who is sentenced to fifteen months in prison after being charged with a crime that was committed many years before. People have been obsessed over this show and can’t stop talking about its gripping story.

3. New Girl

Start this hilarious series and you will find yourself finishing it in a heartbeat. Jess is a heartbroken girl who moves into an apartment with three single men. She is constantly jolly and her behavior is not exactly considered normal, but that’s what makes this series so amusing. 

4. One Tree Hill

Although this show may be somewhat old, it looks like it has started to trend once again. If you are a romantic and like to watch dramas, this is the perfect series for you. The story is about high school kids who go through love, sports, family, and friendship. It is thrilling and full of adventure.

5. Grey’s Anatomy

If you are fascinated by the life of a doctor who performs life-saving surgeries and goes through major love and friendship drama then this show is exactly that. Meredith Grey is accepted into a residency program and starts her journey there. Start this series and I promise that you will not regret it. 

Kara Fagan is currently a sophomore at the University of Oregon, where she is studying the field of journalism. Even though she is greatly driven to do well in academics, she also enjoys many other activities that college life has to offer. You can find her going out to eat at Qdoba with friends, curled up in sweats watching Netflix, or even joining events that her sorority, Alpha Phi, sets up. If you want to find out more about Kara, follow her on Instagram (@fagan_kara)!
The official Her Campus Oregon account