This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

With sorority recruitment officially ending, the typical ritual of designating “big” and “little” has commenced. Now is the time to break out the craft paper, glitter, and paints to create some gifts for your little, to make them feel welcome and at home. Here’s some inspo for creating some cool stuff that won’t break the bank.

• Shirts: Apparel is always a really fun way to make your little feel at home, and there are tons of ways to customize them:
    • Tie dye
    • Painting
    • Iron on decals
  • Paint canvases: What’s better than a cute new canvas for them to hang up in their room? You can:
    • Paint your Greek letters out
    • Paint inspirational quotes
  • Blankets: Blankets are so cozy and comforting, and again, easily customizable:
    • DIY tie blanket – check out how to do it here
    • Picture blankets – on Shutterfly
  • Candy/snacks: This is a great filler for your basket to make it seem more full. Plus, food is always a win.
  • A letter: Writing a letter to your little, something heartfelt that they can look back on, can make them feel so much more welcome and excited to be a part of your sorority. Plus, having them know that you have their back no matter what will strengthen your bond and help you grow together.
  • Mugs: Mugs are great, and often cheap. You can even make your own at a paint your own pottery place!
  • Picture frame: These are perfect for a picture of you and your little. You can customize it to reflect both of your personalities!
  • Baskets: You’re going to need something to put all of your stuff in- Don’t forget the basket! You can decorate it with their names too!
Hi I'm Hannah! I'm currrently a sophmore majoring in journalism and political science at the University of Oregon. I am a coffee addict and love to watch classic movies with my dog. I am a part of the U of O mock trial team and am a huge follower of politics. I love to write and am a total book worm!
The official Her Campus Oregon account