This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

You may have seen her in one of the many theater productions on campus and around town so get ready to see a lot more of Tatianna Young in the near future. She can do it all from stage design to choreography to landing the starring roles in some of Eugene’s most acclaimed performances. She’s beautiful, talented and definitely distinguished enough to reach Campus Celebrity status!

What is your favorite part about theater and productions?
Getting to meet and collaborate with different people has been really fun. You work with people and learn things from people that you don’t get from a classroom; it’s more of a community. I also love costumes, being characters in different time periods, or playing characters that say and do things that I would never do is always an interesting experience.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I really want to live in Chicago right after school; it’s a pretty big theater town. It’s a really cool city and a lot of my family lives there, so it’s a way for me to live in a city without jumping right into New York, but maybe in five years I’ll be on my way to New York.

What is your ultimate career goal?
I want to do a lot of random things while I’m doing the “starving artist” bit. I want to work on a cruise line, possibly be a flight attendant for a year, go overseas and teach English for a few years. After that I’m sure I’ll want to live in the suburbs and settle down and then I’ll be a teacher. I’m majoring in English as well as theater. I think it would be fun to work with children, I teach musical theater now at a studio in Eugene, which I really enjoy. I think I would enjoy being able to teach Theater and English to children after I have more experience with theater in the “real world.”

What upcoming productions can we expect to see you in?
The Tempest is a show that I’m doing here on campus next week in the pocket theatre. After that I’m going to be in Sweet Charity at The John G. Shedd Institute.

Who is your role model?
My uncle has a successful career as an actor and I would really love to just make a living doing what I love like he has. I also really admire my parents because they’re both such hard workers. Some of my favorite actresses though are Sandra Bullock, Anika Noni Rose, Catherine Zeta Jones, Halle Berry, Meryl Streep, and Natalie Portman to name a few.

What is the greatest advice you’ve ever been given?
To go after what I really want, not to be afraid of trying. Don’t do what’s easy just because you can. Anything worth having is worth working hard for.

What advice would you give others that might want to get into theater?
Audition for something! You might find that you really have a knack for it! There are so many aspects of theater, there is something for everyone.

– – –
Sarah Felix is a senior at the University of Oregon, graduating in June. She is a double major in Psychology and Sociology and a minor in Communications. She also has received her Oregon Esthetician’s License and currently in the process of obtaining her Oregon Medical Esthetician’s License. She loves fashion, beauty and anything that makes her laugh. She’s a permanent Duck fan that “Lives GREEN and yells O!”

Serena Piper will always be a Southern belle at heart, but for now she is a Senior Magazine Journalism student at the University of Oregon. She is an avid news reader and watcher, loves to bake yummy desserts and watch Sex and the City reruns, has big travel plans for after graduation and would eventually like to work for National Geographic. She wouldn't mind one bit if her life echoed Elizabeth Gilbert's in Eat, Pray, Love. To find out what Serena is up to, check out her blog and follow her on Twitter