etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Swimsuit Guide for People Who Hate Tiny Bikinis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Personally, when it comes to swimsuits and me, I can’t stand wearing two little triangles on top and another little triangle on the bottom. Whether it be lounging by the pool, swimming around a lake, or sitting on a beach — it’s just not comfortable for me. And don’t get me wrong — for the girls who can, that’s amazing, go with it, be you. But for those who just can’t quite feel right wearing something that little and slightly terrifying, I feel you so hardcore. Here are a few solutions to help you navigate the teeny tiny bikini world for the perfect swimsuit.

1. Look for cute one pieces. Like this one. You get the ultimate comfort and coverage. It’s not too booby, it actually covers your butt, and it’s simply adorable. And that criss cross pattern, it does miracles. Mircales, I tell you.

Miraclesuit @ Nordstrom, $170

2. Go for the high waisted and extended top duo. It’s probably the most dynamic of dynamic duos out there right now. While not a tankini, nor a one piece, it covers almost everything. And it’s freakin’ cute. I mean look how flipping cute that suit is.

Highdive @ ModCloth, $50 for top & $40 for bottoms

3. Finally, you can always go for a bikini, but a more covering one. I’ve found the more “adult” of swimsuits you buy, and less “teenager,” the more covering they tend to be. Look for brands like Ralph Lauren, J. Crew, and Calvin Klein. Cute, a bikini, but no dang tiny triangles to be seen! That’s like a win-win-win if you ask me.

Ralph Lauren @ Bloomingdales, $65

Now get out there in your new cute suit and wow those other beach-goers! Because trust me, you look amazing!

A proud UO duck who loves to bake, eat, and photograph cupcakes. She also enjoys hiking, laughing, listening to jazz and cello, and all things that have to do with the winter and snow.
The official Her Campus Oregon account