Sunglasses for Every Face Shape

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Every girl loves a cute pair of sunglasses, but did you know certain styles can enhance your natural features? Check out which sunglasses will look most flattering on you!

If you have a heart-shaped face (broader at the top and the temples, then narrows down towards the chin) try wearing cat-eye sunglasses, which actually draws attention up, and accentuates your natural cheekbone line! This gives your face an instant face-lift without the pain! Check out the fierce and flirty frames below!

If you have a long face (narrow chin and narrow cheeks) try on a pair of Jackie O, or oblong-shaped sunglasses! Because of the heavy top lines, all the different colors and bold shapes, these sunglasses really flatter longer faces. Check out the bold and beautiful lenses below!

If you have an oval face, then you have a balanced forehead, cheekbones, and jaw. Lucky you, any shape of sunglasses will look great! This is because an oval face is soft, and doesn’t look sharp or angular! But, for a more flattering look, angular frames work best, such as the butterfly sunglasses, or aviators. Check out some of the graceful, and good-looking eyewear below!

For strong square-shaped faces (broad forehead and square shaped jaw line), you’ll want to soften your face with rounded shaped frames. Avoid sharp, angular frames because it will stress how strong your jaw line is. Check out the circular and seductive sunglasses below for a better example.

Photo credits:
http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/rb4126/806-32
http://www.polyvore.com/butterfly_sunglasses/shop?query=butterfly+sungla…

Serena Piper will always be a Southern belle at heart, but for now she is a Senior Magazine Journalism student at the University of Oregon. She is an avid news reader and watcher, loves to bake yummy desserts and watch Sex and the City reruns, has big travel plans for after graduation and would eventually like to work for National Geographic. She wouldn't mind one bit if her life echoed Elizabeth Gilbert's in Eat, Pray, Love. To find out what Serena is up to, check out her blog and follow her on Twitter