This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

I cried. You cried. We all cried

Spoiler alert: Lady Gaga acts now, and amazingly at that. Her first feature film, the fourth remake of A Star is Born was released earlier this month and the critically acclaimed film has taken movie lovers’ worlds by storm. In case you have yet to see the film, it tells the story of an extremely insecure woman in her mid-30s named Ally, who finds love with a rock star named Jackson Mane. Jackson turns her world around and facilitates in making her wildest dreams of becoming a singer and performer come true. However, Jack’s alcohol and drug addiction are ultimately his downfall when Ally loses him at the end of the movie. The Oscar-worthy film is an incredible story that touches on mental health, codependency, alcohol and drug addiction, and a number of other important issues. Not to mention the film’s soundtrack has recently become the soundtrack to my life. If you plan on seeing the movie soon, all I can say is good luck Charlie.

Maddie Mabie

Oregon '20

Journalism student at the University of Oregon, class of 2020 Carlsbad, CA
The official Her Campus Oregon account