Spencer Kelly ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

You will find this week’s Campus Cutie, Spencer Kelly, doing backflips on grassy patches or soaking up the rare Oregon sun any chance he gets. This happy-go-lucky Portland native is the life of the party and always has a compliment or sarcastic joke to put a smile on your face. He is eternally positive and spontaneous. But this Campus Cutie is more than just a charming smile and sense of humor. You’ll also find him on the third floor of Allen Hall working away and letting the creative juices flow as an Ad student and a Designer for the award winning student run magazine Ethos. Meet Spencer Kelly!

Major: Journalism, with a focus on Advertising

Hometown: Portland, OR

HCO: What made you decide to come to the U of O?

I originally came here to do track. Also grew up a Duck fan, its close to home…it was the best option for sure.

HCO: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you were grew up?

An NBA basketball player. Still working towards that goal…

HCO: In a perfect world, where would you be, and what would you be doing, in five years?

I would be in Sao Paulo Brazil working at an Advertising firm engaged to some Brazilian babe whose name I can’t even pronounce. I’ve been boning up on my Portuguese. Você olhos são como a lua que brilha na noite, which translates to “Your eyes are like the moon that shines at night,”…or something.

HCO: If cribs came to your house right now, what would they find in your fridge?

Enough food to feed all of Italy.

HCO: If you were an inanimate object, what would you be?

Probably a diving board. Wait, no that would be a living hell. A cloud.

HCO: What are the most important qualities you look for in a girl?

Outgoing, funny, and genuine. If I girl comes up to me at the bar and instigates a stellar conversation…find me a sandy beach so I can marry you on it.

HCO: What three things could you not live without?

My family, they are my rock. Friends, they are my partners in crime on this crazy road of life. Clothes, it’d be awkward without them.

Rebecca is a senior at the School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon. She is currently studying photography and magazine journalism. Hailing from the mountain town of Bend, Oregon, Rebecca values being outdoors, staying active, and the beauty in simple things. She loves seeing what other people are exploring in their fashion and finding new trends. Rebecca is a lover of all things creative, spontaneous, stylish, and interesting.