Six Drinks to Try at Oregon’s Campus Bars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Whether you recently turned 21 and are about to hit the bar scene around the University of Oregon, or maybe you’re curious as to what type of alcohol goes into some popular drinks, here’s the low-down. And as always, collegiettes, please drink responsibly!

Rennie’s Landing (1214 Kincaid St)

Rennie’s Lemonade: Orange vodka, berry vodka, blackberry and lemonade. Bartender Candice (shown in picture) says that this drink is very popular amongst girls though according to her, she actually serves this drink most commonly to men.

Ri-Colada: The second most popular seller among female students at Rennie’s Landing is the Ri-Colada. The concoction consists of coconut rum, mango rum, soda water, pineapple juice and cream.

(Above: Bartender Candice, working behind the counter at Rennie’s Landing)

Taylor’s Bar & Grille (894 E 13th Ave)

• Half Angry Orchard Hard Cider and half Widmer Hefeweizen Beer: One of Taylor’s bartenders, Jody, says that she noticed over this summer, female students really invested in this drink and it continues to remain a favorite throughout fall quarter.
  • Tic-Tac: This drink contains orange vodka, orange juice, with Red Bull. A Tic-Tac is a drop-shot drink in which a person drops a shot glass into a larger glass and then consumes the drinks. This drink is a top-contender during sorority 21 runs, no matter the bar.

(Above: Taylor’s Bar and Grill is calm before Wednesday $1 beer night.)

Webfoot Bar and Grill (839 E 13th Ave)

• Vegas Bombs: Like a Tic-Tac, a Vegas Bomb is also a drop-shot style drink. This drink features a shot of Crown Royal Whiskey that is dropped in a mixture of Red Bull and a splash of cranberry juice.
  • Webfoot Long Island Iced Tea: Sunny, one of Webfoot’s bartenders says that every bar has their own variation of a Long Island Iced Tea. Some of main components of a Long Island Iced tear include gin, vodka, tequila, rum, some sort of juice and possibly Coca-Cola. Webfoot likes to replace the Coca-Cola featured in the drink with grape juice instead.

(Above: Inside Webfoot Bar and Grill, as helpful bartender, Sunny, takes a short break at the far end of the bar.)

I am a senior at the University of Oregon! I love to run, play soccer and hangout with my roommates. Typical college chick stuff! I am excited for my future in either journalism or advertising, I'm majoring in both!