This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Let’s face it. Eugene is a rainy town! And as much as we yearn for the sun during a rainy walk to class, we just can’t change the weather. But just because it’s raining, doesn’t mean we can’t weather it in style! Check out this style guide to battle the rainy day blues.

1. Raincoats

It’s an obvious one, but raincoats are a necessity when it comes to waterproof style! With so many colors, shapes and designs, raincoats are an easy way to style up your everyday outfit. 

These colorful trenches add brightness to a dreary day. See similar ones here

(Photo credit)

Add a monogram to your rain jackets, like the ones here, for a personal touch.

(Photo credit)

2. Rain Boots (Wellies)

Rainboots are a college essential…especially in Eugene. They keep your feet warm and dry from any puddles you may encounter. Plus they come in a variety of price ranges!

(Photo credit)

(Photo Credit)

3. Umbrellas

Some people say that an umbrella is an obvious sign of a non-Oregonian. However, in my opinion, umbrellas are definitely worth the time (and I’m even a native Oregonian!) They keep you out of the rain and with so many styles, umbrellas can add a pop of color or pattern to an otherwise basic outfit. 

(Photo Credit)

(Photo Credit)

4. Rainy Day Up-do’s

There is nothing worse than spending a long time curling or straightening you hair, only to have it get soaked by the rain and end up stringy and flat by the time you get to class. Keep you hair styled for the rain by trying out a cute up-do.

A messy braid. Even if your hair gets a little messed up under your hood, it looks like it’s a part of the style!

(Photo Credit)

Twist your hair back into a bun. All your hair will be held back and out of the rain.

(Photo Credit)

Whether you pair all these styles together or just try one, you will be one step closer to battling the rainy weather, and looking good while doing it.

What is your rainy day style go to?

The official Her Campus Oregon account