This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Here is something light-hearted for your week. Last week Ariana Grande dropped a new album called “Positions.” I have recently listened to the album and I am going to review my thoughts on the album and discuss my favorite songs. 

The overall albums: Many people were saying that this is her best album she has created. I happen to disagree. I love Ariana Grande’s music. I find many of her songs very catchy but over time I find her songs beginning to blend together. I also feel like over time she does not show her full vocal range in her songs which is something that I miss. I think she has a very unique voice that many artists do not have and I would love to see her show that talent in her songs. As time goes on the album gets better and better. I was listening to a podcast and someone had the same feelings that I did. At first, it is ok, not the best album but good, but over time the songs become bops. There are some songs that have been on repeat. 

• “Positions”: This song when it came out I was obsessed. I think it was such a staple, bold song. I love the beat and the staging of the music video really sold it for me. 

• “Off the Table”: This song. THIS SONG. this SONG. When I say I have never been more obsessed with an Ariana Grande song. I mean it. The song is so smooth RnB and not her typical bop pop. It features The Weeknd, so I can tell that this song is more a song that is up his element. The lyrics really just hit me. It is about the ending of feelings and wondering if being with them really off the table is she going to feel like this for someone else. I LOVE IT. 

• “34 + 35”: It is just a classic Ari bop. It is super fun, sexy, and young. The song makes me want to go out with my girlfriends and have a dance party. 

• “Pov”: I am a sucker for raw and vulnerable songs that really take my emotions and call me out. I think people always want to know how people see them and see themselves through other people’s eyes. I just found the song so relatable. 

• “Obvious”:  The song is just super flirty and sexy. 

Alyssa Arcos

Oregon '21

Hi! I am Alyssa, my friends call me lyss. I was born and raised in Southern California and go to Disneyland way too often. I am a junior at the University of Oregon majoring in public relations and advertising. I am really passionate about educating others on sexual assault and how to have healthy and consensual relationships. I love all things beauty, fashion, entertainment and travel. I am a VS PINK campus representative. I hope to one day make a difference and inspire young girls, I don't know how but I know I will. I love getting to express my thoughts and share my life experiences.