Out With The Dull, In With The Neon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Do April showers have you in a Spring-time funk? Just because we live in Eugene where the only color outside seems to be grey, that doesn’t mean your wardrobe has to be too! Spring-time is the perfect transition season; pack away your dark coats and break out all of your colorful neon yellow, fuschia, aqua, and pink clothing because they are all the talk this season and are here to stay.

Bags
If you have been in to Bloomingdale’s within the past month or so you probably didn’t miss the huge display they had featuring neon purses. The latest rave is the Cambridge “Flouro Satchel” that is featured in four different neon colors: green, orange, pink and yellow. Senior Kelsey Kaufman, bought hers in the Fall and even got it monogrammed by the Cambridge Satchel Company to give her accessory some flare.

www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk

Jewelry
Most major retailers and high-end couture houses have gone neon for Spring and Summer-time. If you are dying for even a touch of bright color to make your outfit pop, the Kate Spade gumdrop earrings are for you.

www.katespade.com

Clothing
If you are a bold, daring fashionista and little pops of color from accessories just don’t seem to satisfy your need for ultimate brightness in your life, implement neon clothing into your wardrobe. J. Crew has some great neon pants and shorts reasonably priced for the college student’s budget.

www.jcrew.com

The dark days are over! Add some neon flavor to your bland wardrobe and give your Spring-time gloominess an instant facelift.

Sources:
1. http://blog.glassworks-studios.com/tag/neon-colors/
2. www.chictopia.com
3. www.jcrew.com
4. www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk
5. couldihavethat.blogspot.com

– – –

Kelsey Honz is a sophomore from San Diego studying public relations and advertising. She loves fashion, photography, and discovering new foods. In her free time Kelsey enjoys shopping, painting, and going to Duck sporting events. Follow her on Twitter @khonz and on tumblr at khonz92.tumblr.com

Serena Piper will always be a Southern belle at heart, but for now she is a Senior Magazine Journalism student at the University of Oregon. She is an avid news reader and watcher, loves to bake yummy desserts and watch Sex and the City reruns, has big travel plans for after graduation and would eventually like to work for National Geographic. She wouldn't mind one bit if her life echoed Elizabeth Gilbert's in Eat, Pray, Love. To find out what Serena is up to, check out her blog and follow her on Twitter