This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

1. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

There’s a lot of things I love about this movie. I love all of the potions and new forms of magic that we get to see. I also really adore Professor Slughorn. To me, this movie is the perfect mix of magic and darkness, but it also throws in some romance too. The character development in this movie also was, for me, unparalleled by any of the other Harry Potter movies. We see all of the characters have to transform into new roles. Draco, for the first time, really takes on his role as a Death Eater. Harry, Ron, and Hermione go from students attending Hogwarts, to realizing that they can’t return and that their fight has only just begun.

2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

This movie freaked me out when I was 7 and it freaks me out now. There’s something about the sound of the basilisk’s voice whispering through the walls that gives me goosebumps. However, I kind of enjoy that creepiness. This movie is truly a mystery that Harry, Ron and Hermione have to solve and I really enjoy that.

3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

If I could describe the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in one word it would be epic. All of the Harry Potter movies just come together in this one. The Battle of Hogwarts is probably my favorite scene sequence in any of the movies. I loved watching every character we’d gotten to know over the series band together to protect Hogwarts, Harry, and their way of life. And then of course, watching Voldemort be obliterated into a billion pieces of ash also does something good for the soul.

4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I think this might be one that I rank a little lower than most people would. But, I still love how different this movie is from the rest. Throwing in Beauxbatons and Durmstrang broadens the scope of the characters, and plot. Also, the Yule Ball is amazing.

5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

This movie will always have a special place in my heart. It’s the introduction to the magical world of Harry Potter. I love this movie because it goes over all of the “basics” of the wizarding world. But, I do like some of the other movies just a little more so that’s why it’s fifth on the list.

6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

All of the Harry Potter movies are wonderful in their own ways, but this one just doesn’t stand out for me. The journey to find all of the horcruxes is fun to watch, but I don’t find myself to be super excited about this movie.

7. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I hate Dolores Umbridge. I can’t stand seeing her face, and that’s essentially what this movie is all about. Unfortunately, all of the other spell-casting, blooming romances, and plotting just can’t make up for the damage her face does.

8. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I could never say that I find any Harry Potter to be boring, because I’d watch any of them happily any day of the week. However, this is the movie I’d be least excited about. I don’t really know why but I do find this to be the most boring out of the 8. It just kind of feels like a plateau to me.

The official Her Campus Oregon account