A Letter to My Graduating Collegiettes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Dear My Graduating Collegiette,

Hey you, yeah you! Are you ready to graduate? Ready to take on the world at large? Because I’m not; I’m not ready for you to leave yet. I will miss pulling those all-nighters studying for that midterm, crashing those frat parties and binge watching Netflix with YOU.

I guess what I’m trying to say is THANK YOU for being you. Thank you for being my go-to. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for your words of wisdom. Thank you. I don’t think I could ever repay you for the memories and the love you’ve given me.

Don’t forget to live for you. It’s absolutely okay to be selfish. Stay in for a me-day. Go shopping at Target for the hell of it. You do you and be confident. Own it.

You need to celebrate the little things. When you finally nail that job, pop open the champagne and revel in the moment.

I am so excited for the life you have ahead of you, beyond the college years—but please don’t forget about me, the friends and memories you made at college. Design a scrapbook that includes the good, the bad, the ugly, and the fabulous pics that capture it all! When you enter the real world, you’re gonna want to remember the fun, spontaneous and stupid times.

Most of all, please promise me to keep in touch because I will miss you. It’s not four years, it’s for life.

XOXO,

Your Bitter Collegiette

Ashley Ferris is an Entertainment Writer for Her Campus Media. Previously Her Campus Oregon chapter's Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief, she's a recent public relations graduate from the University of Oregon. In her free time, Ashley enjoys jamming out to country music, following the latest news on social media and drinking Starbucks coffee on the regular. She loves talking about "Friends" TV show, chocolate candies and anything related to Disney. You can follow her on Twitter @ashleybird17.
The official Her Campus Oregon account