The Lalagirl Sunglasses Jumping Backback Converse Happy
Her Campus Media
Wellness

The Guilty Pleasure of Personality Tests

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Have you ever taken any kind of personality quiz like a “Which character are you from Stranger Things on BuzzFeed or Cosmopolitan? They are personality tests that relate to the Meyers Briggs, 16Personalities Test, Enneagram test, Pottermore,or etc. I’ve recently discovered how accurate the results can be. We take these tests and love reading all about it because it helps us get a better understanding of who we are. As college students, we are already trying to figure out our passions, hobbies, characteristics, and career in the future. These personality tests give us a better understanding of what our core desires are, what motivates us or scares us, possible career paths, and what we look for in relationships. I think that movies and tv series are what lead us to taking the quizzes in the first place. Whenever people are watching a movie or tv series, the first thing that I think most people do is find a character that they relate to the most. Personally, I do this a lot because I feel that in the entertainment industry, they are always trying to make characters that most people can relate to in family or friend groups. One personality test that I find the most accurate and intriguing is the Enneagram Test. This is an assessment that branches out nine different personalities: The Reformer (Type 1), The Helper (Type 2), The Achiever (Type 3), The Individualist (Type 4), The Investigator (Type 5), The Loyalist (Type 6), The Enthusiast (Type 7), The Challenger (Type 8), and The Peacemaker (Type (9). Learning more about what personality type you fall under, helps you understand yourself better. In my opinion, I think that the Enneagram Test helps give you more accurate results than your zodiac sign because you are answering questions based on your behavior and reaction to situations versus being assigned a zodiac sign based on your birth month. The personality trait results do not completely define you as a person because the test has flaws of its own such as having characteristics that may fall under a different personality, but it helps you understand also how your peers, family members, or friends may see you. Taking these personality quizzes is something that we all secretly take pleasure in because it’s a fun way to discover our identity. I think that it’s important for us to learn more about ourselves, not only to grow as a person, but also to learn to love our imperfections and strengths. Exploring these quizzes is always fun to discover how you identify yourself and with your peers and I highly recommend looking into it.

Hello! My name is Courtney Yamada, I am a junior at the University of Oregon, studying Public Relations and Advertising with a Business Administration minor. I am from Seal Beach, CA and have 2 shih tzus named Cody and Pepper back home. I love going to the beach or go on hikes with friends and family. I am excited to be a part of the HerCampus team to express myself through my writing! Sco Ducks!
The official Her Campus Oregon account