burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Wardrobe Essentials to Stay Warm This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

The days of wearing leggings (that are not pants, but it seems to be popular in Eugene), cardigans, and flats are over. As the cold and wet weather approaches, you’ll definitely want to stay warm this season! With that being said, there’s no reason why cute outfits should be sacrificed as the warm weather leaves us. Layering will become important when the whether becomes colder. Instead of the t-shirt and cardigan that you used to wear, it may be more practical to wear a jacket over that. Here are five wardrobe essentials that will come in handy this season!

Scarves:

These are the icing to your cake and a definite must have as the weather cools down. Not only do they keep your neck nice and warm, but they’re a fashion statement that can be dressed up or down. The chunky scarf and infinity scarf are two popular types that you’ll want to check out.

Headwraps:

To keep your ears warm while you’re walking to and from class or watching a game at Autzen, headwraps are stylish alternatives to earmuffs. Sometimes they’re embellished or buttoned, but they’re also very basic.

Peacoat:

This is an essential to have because they’re so versatile. They come in different colors and different fabric. A popular style that we’ve been seeing is the military style peacoat.

Dark Jeans:

Since leggings won’t be warm enough for fall in Eugene, you’ll want to opt for a warmer pant. A pair of dark skinny jeans can be tucked into boots or worn casually with a t-shirt, jacket, and cute accessories!

Boots:

You’ll definitely need a pair of boots to keep your feet dry from the rain! Rain boots are a must have. A simple boot that can be dressed up is the riding boot. For a laid back style, Ugg boots are always a go to (just make sure to water-proof them!).

Rebecca is a senior at the School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon. She is currently studying photography and magazine journalism. Hailing from the mountain town of Bend, Oregon, Rebecca values being outdoors, staying active, and the beauty in simple things. She loves seeing what other people are exploring in their fashion and finding new trends. Rebecca is a lover of all things creative, spontaneous, stylish, and interesting.