This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Meet Emily, this week’s campus cutie! She’s the most cheerful chick around, is absolutely gorgeous, and is down for anything. This crazy smart girl has a way of turning a grey Eugene day into the greatest adventure of your life. If you enjoy general happiness and excitement, introduce yourself to Emily the next time you see her on campus—you won’t stop smiling for days!

Year in school: Sophomore

Major: Psychology and Journalism (PR Focused)

HCO: Where are you from, and what brought you to UO?
I’m from Salt Lake City, Utah. I came to Oregon for a lot of reasons. Academically, it had what I wanted, but I really fell in love with the vibe I got from Eugene. After visiting, I was hooked.

HCO: What are you involved in here at UO?
I’m a blogger for Envision, an on campus environmental publication, a freelance writer for the Emerald and Ethos, a member of Pi Beta Phi, a volunteer with OSPIRG, and of course classes and playing with every dog I see on campus.

HCO: What is your life philosophy?
Smile—always. It makes everything better.

HCO: What is your perfect date?
I think girls in general tend to appreciate creative offers. Show me something I’ve never done, and I’ll be way more intrigued than by a “let’s get dinner/coffee” line. Make a girl feel comfortable, then make her laugh, and you’re well on your way.

HCO: What is your ideal outfit?
Comfort is a big deal. I dress in varied styles, and I like patterns and mixing colors. I’m a lover of fitted jeans and high waisted anything. I’d love to break out a sundress or two, but Eugene is so far non-cooperative.

HCO: What is the weirdest way a guy has ever tried to pick you up?
Last year I was with one of my best friends, and we were headed out for the night. We ran into a group of guys we knew (with a few we didn’t). Anyway, one of the random guys started trash talking every girl who passed by. It was awkward, because the things he said were so explicit and boorish. Then he turned to my friend Kristin and I, and actually said it was “so nice” to be talking to girls who were “way hotter” than the ones he’d just seen. I’m not easily offended, but I was blindsided by the fact that he thought we’d be receptive to his compliments after all we’d heard. Needless to say, we politely declined his offer to meet up, said goodbye to our friends, and moved on with our night.

HCO: Why are you always so happy?!
I’m always happy because I draw my happiness from the littlest things in my day! Running into a old friend on campus, seeing people help each other out, or listening to a good song—all of these are things I try to really find value in.

HCO: What do you want to do when you grow up?
The concept of growing up is crazy. I’d like to be an event planner, and eventually a lawyer or a doctor of Psychology. I want to travel all over, I want to live in San Francisco or Portland. But all these plans are just based on what will make me happy, and that’s my only real plan for my future.

The official Her Campus Oregon account