This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

If there is one thing most of us college students have with us at all times, it’s our cell phones. In our technology-based society, our phones are how we stay connected with the world—texting, updating social media and checking the news. But our phones can also be used as a fashion accessory. Fun, bright cases can add color and pizazz to your everyday outfit. So while you are heating up your outfits for the upcoming summer months, also try out these cell phone case DIY’s to spice up your cell phone as well!

Glitter DIY:

Glitter cases are a fun and bright way to enhance your cell phone. Get creative with the design and colors for this DIY! 

(Photo Credit: Linen, Lace and Love)

What you need:

1. Hard cell phone case 
  2. Decoupage
  3. Craft glitter
  4. Flat paint brush

Steps:

1. Use the paintbrush to paint the cell phone case with an even layer of decoupage.
  2. Sprinkle on your first layer of glitter—the more glitter, the greater coverage. You can get creative with the colors and design!
  3. Leave the case to dry for about 30 minutes or until completely dry to the touch.
  4. Paint on final layer of decoupage and let dry again.
  5. Snap the case on your cell phone and enjoy!

Studded DIY:

For an edgier case, try this simple DIY to pump up your cell phone’s style.

(Photo Credit: Mag’s Rags to Riches)

What you need:

1. Silicone cell phone case
  2. 7-10 mm flat iron-on pyramid studs (order them here)
  3. Super glue

Steps:

1. Before you start gluing the studs to the cellphone case, plan out the design you want your studs to appear on your case.
  2. Apply a small about of super glue on the back of each stud and press down hard to apply to the case. 
  3. Let dry for at least 30 minutes.
  4. Enjoy! 

Sharpie DIY:

This design is very simple and inexpensive. With some creativity and patience you can produce a colorful, unique case for your cell phone.

(Photo Credit: Unexpected Expectations)

What you need:

1. White plastic cell phone case
  2. Permanent markers
  3. Clear nail polish
  4. Ruler

Steps:

1. Plan out the design you want to draw on your case. You can look at other cases for design inspiration.
  2. Draw the design on the back of the cell phone case, taking time to let each portion completely dry. Use the ruler to keep lines straight and even.
  3. After the case has completely dried, paint a thin layer of nail polish and let dry completely again.

Paper DIY:

This DIY allows the most creativity and versatility for your cell phone case. Use fun scrapbook paper to create a cell phone case with designs that you have always wanted.

(Photo Credit: Happy Happy Nester)

What you need:

1. Hard clear cell phone case
  2. Decorative scrapbook paper
  3. Scissors or craft knife

Steps:

1. Place the cell phone on the scrapbook paper and trace around the edges.
  2. Use the scissors or craft knight to cut the paper to perfectly fit the inside of the cell phone case. Also make sure to cut out the hole for the camera.
  3. At this point you can get creative and layer paper, cut out shapes or add glitter.
  4. When you have created your ideal case insert, place inside the case and snap the case on your cell phone.
  5. Enjoy! You can switch up your phone case background as you choose. (For a more permanent case, glue the paper to the inside of the case using clear glue.)

Have you made your own case? Post and show us yours!

The official Her Campus Oregon account